Make your mark. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. You won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to sharpen your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Serve as a technical tax resource on M&A transactions conducted by clients throughout the firm.
- Technical application on a variety of buy and sell side transactions, including tax structuring projects, tax modeling of after tax proceeds, review of transactions, and tax due diligence
- Assist with the implementation of tax planning opportunities identified during diligence and manage any findings identified.
- Assist with other National Tax Office functions, including building new service areas, addressing tax reform, and handling emerging tax issues.
- 6+ years recent tax experience in public accounting with a specialization in NTO tax.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree.
- CPA or Bar License required.
- Ability to interpret tax law.
- Proficiency in tax planning and reporting issues relevant for corporate consolidated returns, S corporation returns, partnership returns, and state tax returns.
- Experience advising clients on the tax implications of various transactions.
- Experience supervising staff on engagements and managing client relationships.
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near or be willing to relocate to Chicago, Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Grand Rapids, or Metro Detroit. Frequent travel throughout the region, with approximately 25% overnight travel is required.