The National Tax Assistant Director is recognized as a firm-wide technical resource and pillar for tax quality control. An ideal candidate has several years of tax experience and is competent in business and individual tax compliance. This role offers opportunities to enhance the firm’s reputation for tax excellence by ensuring compliance with internal policies and tax statutes. Additionally, this role will provide someone with a rare view of firm operations, exposure and working relationships with firm leadership and opportunities to work on various firm-wide initiatives from the ground up. Candidates should enjoy problem solving, as well as analyzing and developing appropriate resolutions to technical tax issues.
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation with experience researching client inquiries and emerging issues
- Sound understanding of tax positions and the importance of supporting positions taken as well as the confidence to challenge or recommend an alternative position
- Demonstrated strong research and writing skills, and well-developed presentation skills
- Professional demeanor toward clients, team members and work assignments with a collaborative work style
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize while managing tight deadlines, projects and client service
- CPA license
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in roles of progressively increasing responsibility in public accounting
- Strong desire to broaden technical and leadership skills
- Travel (less than 20%).
Job ID 2018-4369