We are seeking a scientific software developer to work on modeling frameworks and analysis tools being created for a National Security Space project. Our team develops tools to analyze the capabilities of multiple sensor outputs. In addition to custom algorithm development, you will also do opportunity optimization and data mining / machine learning using emerging techniques. You will work with a cross-disciplinary team of scientists, analysts, and developers on short-term and medium-term studies for planning and modeling of mission capabilities.
As a scientific software developer, your primary responsibility will be the design and coding of analysis and optimization routines within a larger simulation framework. Also, you will:
- analyze spacecraft operations scenarios, including trajectory and orientation options
- work with a team of developers using modern software practices
- contribute to larger concerns in the larger simulation environment
- create specific elements within the simulation
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you:
- have a Master's Degree in physics, engineering, or math, or a bachelor's in one of these areas with 4+ years of experience.
- have experience developing software in Matlab, Java, or Python
- are willing and able to learn new programming languages
- have experience with space-based systems, trajectory analysis, optical instrumentation, or scientific data analysis
- hold an active Top Secret security clearance with SCI, or the ability to get SCI. If selected you will be subject to government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You will go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you
- have a PhD in physics, engineering, or math
- have developed physics-based simulations in any programming language
- have written software in a team environment or for use by someone other than yourself
- have 10+ years of experience with scientific software systems, data management, or data analysis