- Developing, maintaining and growing an extensive network of relationships, with both existing and potential Battelle clients, throughout the Department of Defense, to grow current and future business, as well as, cultivate relationships with partners – small and large business and academia, as appropriate.
- Leading a sales/business development organization with responsibility for $250M+ in annual sales.
- Shaping, identifying, capturing, and managing strategic opportunities that support the Business Unit strategies.
- Identify and structure opportunities where unmet client needs can be satisfied by internal research and development investments, thereby allowing Battelle to bring new capabilities or offerings to DOD clients and other organizations, both government and commercial.
- Providing market and competitor intelligence on market segments where the BUs are engaged, as well as insights on competition specific to individual opportunities.
- Actively contributing to business-related activities at the senior-executive level, to include participation on applicable Boards, Industry Associations, and other relevant activities
- Collaborating/leading capture teams to establish overall proposal strategies and themes which clearly differentiate Battelle from other potential providers of service. Coordinates the selection of proposal team member organizations (strategic partners, sub-contractors, universities, etc.) and the efforts of the proposal team; assist in formulating an offering that persuasively presents the project approach that meets the client needs and documents the value created for the client by this approach at a competitive price.
- Assisting the Business Unit General Managers in the efficient and effective use of marketing resources across multiple client organizations to achieve growth and maintain margins.
- Building and maintaining a robust funnel of leads and opportunities capable of meeting or exceeding established Business Unit sales goals.
- Contributing to the development of effective legislative initiatives to support business strategies and plans
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Biomedical, or Science-related technical field and 15+ years of experience in Department of Defense organizations and policy.
- Retired Navy officer with nuclear power background (preferably CDR or CAPT), with experience to include Joint Assignments within COCOM or DOD staff levels.
- Experience with Navy and Marine Corps major weapons platforms and established relationships with providers of those weapons platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to win contract opportunities in the Federal space.
- Demonstrated ability to sales organization or a major portion of one ($250M+ annual sales).
- Demonstrated ability to organize and motivate a business development/sales team.
- Existing network of contacts within the Department of Defense and the ability to leverage these into qualified business opportunities.
- Knowledge of competitors in this market space and experience in competitive assessment; experience in developing large government proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to present technical presentations to internal and external clientele and the ability to participate on proposal teams.
- Must be a US citizen with ability and willingness to obtain Top Secret Clearance. Current Active TS Clearance preferred.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Master’s Degree or higher, preferably in technical discipline
- Experience selling consulting/engineering/manufacturing services.
- Experience with Microsoft Client Relationship Management (CRM) tool