Do you thrive in identifying white space and executing new sales programs at big box retailers? If so, we need to talk.
We are currently looking for a National Sales Manager to continue to grow existing accounts and open new ones for our client, a consumer packaged goods company focused on seasonal and home decor. The National Sales Manager will report to and work closely with the VP of Sales, Marketing and Product Development.
This position offices out of downtown Minneapolis, MN
- Collaborates with VP in establishing sales goals that are consistent with strategic business objectives
- Develops sales strategies to improve market share of products.
- Develops and implements sales plans to ensure revenue/margin dollar growth in current and new accounts.
- Identifies and prospects new sales opportunities and builds excellent relationships with major retailers to achieve business objectives.
- Responsible for day to day sales activities in accounts.
- Leads preparation of presentations and line reviews.
- Works cross-functionally and collaboratively with marketing, product development teams and finance teams to achieve sales strategies and profit standards.
- Reviews and prioritizes projects clearly defining objectives to ensure completion within time and budget parameters.
- Collaborates with sales and marketing to identify new product opportunities and marketing strategies.
- Communicates with senior management on progress against business plan, sales strategy, business opportunities and the competitive environment.
- Contributes to team effort by communicating with team members, and assisting with other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum of 3-5 years?experience in home decor, stationary or seasonal
- Ability to identify market and consumer trends
- Proven track record in driving sales
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation and proven negotiation skills
- Experience with retail buying process and branding
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work within a multicultural organization
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively and across functional areas
- Strong relationship building, able to interact at buyer level and with senior management
- Effective written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 30%