TEGNA Media is breaking the mold for how media companies operate. Recently named Station Group of the Year by Broadcasting and Cable, we have committed vast resources to transform our sales operations. To compete and win in the new media landscape we need innovative sales leaders to join us on this journey and be part of our future growth and success. Are you ready?
WUSA9 in Washington DC is looking for a National Sales Manager to lead our national and political sales efforts. This position will be based in New York.
If you can answer yes to the following questions and want to be part of a progressive company than we want to talk with you!
- Do you have deep knowledge of broadcast sales?
- Can you own political advertising for a Top 10 market?
- Are you confident that you have what it takes to lead and develop sales teams in a large market?
- Does the ever changing media landscape excite you?
- Do you like the intensity of a fast-moving environment?
- Responsible for all national and political revenue for WUSA9
- Partner with our rep firm to drive sales and provide day-to-day leadership
- Create key account business strategies to achieve total revenue goals
- Plan and develop means of achieving revenue goals and target existing accounts to increase shares of business for WUSA9
- Provide rep firm with appropriate information on WUSA performance in the DC market, programming, rate and pertinent research information necessary in selling the station
- Responsible for internal marketing of station to national reps with ongoing motivational support.
- Maintain high visibility with decision makers, planners and buyers in home market of New York City.
- Travel to build and maintain successful relationships with reps, buyers, planners and clients who may have business in the DC market.
- Act as marketing consultant to national accounts utilizing station marketing and merchandising materials in developing marketing plans, co-promotions and vendor programs
- Pricing and inventory leader who will work closely with Director of Sales and Local Sales Managers to effectively sell WUSA to all accounts – local and national
- Develop incremental revenue opportunities within new and existing national advertisers as they relate to all platforms
- Network nationally, regionally, and locally with key client decision makers and influencers
- Weekly one-on-one with key markets that represent the highest percentage of national revenue
- Uncover marketing funds outside of core ad budgets utilizing TEGNA portfolio and resources
- In collaboration with account team, research and insights team, create and deliver formal written and verbal presentations to clients
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years of broadcast sales experience
- Three years of sales management experience
- Deep knowledge of all facets of national and political advertising sales
- Positive leader with the ability to motivate a team onsite and in outside sales offices
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate with decision makers at all levels
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and follow-through projects to completion
- Ability to make decisions quickly and effectively
- Understanding of station marketing initiatives and how to position opportunities with prospective and current clients
- Strong desire to learn and become entrenched in the ever-evolving digital marketplace.
- Based in New York with the ability to travel up to 20% of the time to DC and outside sales offices
- Strong knowledge of Wide Orbit, SharePoint, Medialine, WOMS, NSI and Microsoft Office