American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an experienced National Sales Manager to develop, execute and drive our Specialty Network sales distribution through health plan and other sales channels. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining a database of national prospects, identifying sales leads, coordinating sales meetings and formal sales presentations and securing signed contracts by selling to the c-suite. This is an exciting opportunity to meet sales objectives in assigned territory and business objectives for retention and growth.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health's events on our events page.
- Identifies and develops sales leads.
- Achieves annual new business revenue goal.
- Develops and implement comprehensive sales and marketing strategies to meet sales objectives in assigned territory and business objectives for retention and growth.
- Develops, executes and drives ASH’s Fitness sales distribution through health plans and other sales channels.
- A poised professional who makes a highly positive first impression and who continues to enhance this impression through demonstrated professional capabilities and persuasive sales results.
- Solid judgment is decisive and has the conceptual skills and abilities to develop marketing and sales alternatives for new business growth and diversification.
- Demonstrates ability to sell conceptually and to effectively probe and qualify leads.
- Travels within assigned territory.
- Maintains and utilizes CRMdatabase including daily tracking of all sales activity and ensures that data is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Demonstrate willingness to critique your own performance and actively solicit feedback from others.
- Follows through assigned and prospective client health plans to establish potential presentation meetings or follow up meetings. These primary responsibilities are of significant importance to ASH and the success of the National Sales Manager in these areas has significant positive impact on ASH. The corresponding failure to properly follow through in these responsibilities may result in significant harm to ASH.
- Targets largest and most interested prospects and assists in closing sales of ASH products and services.
- Sets appointments including initial sales calls, webinars, follow-up meetings and formal sales presentations.
- Attends and participates in national industry conferences.
- Manages assigned Health Plan relationships seeking “upsell” opportunities; collaborates and works closely with Client Services.
- Assists in coordinating presentation team internally in both prospecting and finalist stages of the sales process.
- Submits the following reports to VP:
- Weekly report outlining activities, challenges, progress;
- Other adhoc reports requested by management.
- Attends all functions related to entertaining employees of contracted health plans or prospects, such as dinner or other activities as directed and approved by VP.
- Meets administrative deadlines and accuracy related to selling and working with Clients Services in a new client clean implementation hand-off.
- Actively engages and participates in sales meetings and training sessions.
- Develops and demonstrates the ability to conduct effective presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. If equivalent experience, high School diplomarequired.
- Minimum three to five years sales or account management experience with demonstrated ability to meet and exceed sales quotas. Experience managing health plan relationships and/or selling to executives, c-suite.
- Experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Insurance License required after 90 days of employment.
- Experience with proposal and presentation development.
- Proficient in MS Office, with advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Results oriented person with, proven sales track record and who is professional in the way that he/she gets things done.
- A person with a value system based on honesty, integrity and respect with a reputation for living up to his/her commitments.
- Ability to manage complex sales cycle.
- Skilled in methods for calculating and understanding business risks.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong public speaking, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively to achieve maximum results.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Valid Driver’s license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
- Must have acceptable credit to qualify for a company American Express Card.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility, within region, and nationally by car and plane. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Usual office setting. When traveling outside the facility, usual weather, traffic and related travel conditions are applicable.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.