National Sales Manager - Home and Gifts
This position requires working in tandem with our product development teams, outside sales representatives and external vendors in support of optimizing sales opportunities, promoting brand attributes, product details and supporting quarterly trade shows focused on growing Hallmark Home & Gifts business and overall marketplace presence. Critical to this success, this position will analyze business development, support key account development, develop product and brand training material and focus on acquiring new consumers, building consumer retention and identifying new business partnerships.
Our National Sales Manager is responsible for the management and success of external sales rep groups and expanding the brand’s reach throughout the marketplace. The NSM also works with vendors and buyers and multiple internal teams including product development, finance and logistics, to support the growth of Hallmark Home and Gifts businesses in both specialty and national retailers. Our ideal candidate translates their strong understanding of the retail market, retail buyer, product and merchandising into securing sales by ensuring a successful end-to-end sales process.
The National Sales Manager will be responsible for the execution of all sales strategies for the home and gifts division and growing revenue. They continually are researching market and sales trends, reviewing current sales performance, identifying and resolving sales barriers, coaching and training external sales representatives while promoting and advocating the benefits of their designated brands. In addition, the they will be directly responsible for prospecting; selling, acquiring, and developing new and existing customer relationships for their brand. They will effectively represent the Hallmark Home and Gift brand(s) at all times while prospecting, selling and communicating with new and existing internal and external clients.
The National Sales Manager is directly responsible for effective communication and execution of all opportunities while ensuring alignment and obtaining support from the Product Development, Finance, Marketing, Digital and supporting operations teams. In addition, the National Sales Manager will continually communicate and educate with supporting outside sales representatives to ensure that they are continually informed of all product updates and that they have all the tools they need to meet their sales goals. The National Sales Manager will review and analyze sales performance, by region, by brand. They will develop and implement any training or corrective actions needed to drive positive sales trends. They will also coach and train any sales support team member(s) supporting their designated brand.
- Research sales trends, analyze sales performance and implement corrective actions as needed in order to achieve sales goals by brand.
- Motivate and educate outside sales representatives to ensure that they are continually informed of all product updates and that they have all the tools they need to meet their sales goals.
- Prospect to directly develop new customer relationships for the brand
- Lead effective communication and execution of all opportunities while ensuring alignment and obtaining support from the Product Development, Finance, Marketing, Digital and supporting operations teams.
- Prioritize and manage activities of sales support to ensure efficiency and best outcome for the customer and Hallmark.
- Provide market insight, category guidance and relevant trends to Product Managers, Planners and leadership when establishing sales goals and reviewing product line assortments.
- Work cross functionally with Product Managers, Finance and Inventory Management teams on all terms of sale to ensure the profitability of each program sold
- Manage the successful execution of sold programs through the Hallmark system by utilizing all available resources, business partners and direct reports.
- When on-boarding new retailers assist in problem solving to accommodate retailer needs in the best interest of Hallmark.
Our National Sales Manager will be equally accountable for meeting sales goals and at all times effectively representing the Hallmark Home and Gifts brands. Our ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and results oriented, works autonomously but with a high degree of collaboration, and is experienced in gaining market traction for new brands and products. Must have exceptional ability to build relationships, have an affinity for product and a thorough knowledge of the retail buying cycle for specialty and national retailers. Successfully managing multiple priorities within a fast paced, often changing environment is required, as are top-notch written and verbal communication skills. You will be the face of our brands to the outside world, so a high degree of personal leadership, accountability, and professionalism are a must. We have great talent on our team looking for the same as we fill this position.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
- Bachelors degree or at least 4 years professional experience
- 7+ years of professional retail, buying or marketing experience
- 5+ years of direct sales or marketing experience
- This role will travel 25% or more
- Professional experience with MS Office applications – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience specifically within the Home Decor and/or Gifts industry
- Excellent financial and business acumen
- Track record of achieving or exceeding sales results
- Proven communication, team management and leadership skills
- Highly effective partnering skills
- Experience in selling, customer facing roles, with a proven ability to lead multiple projects, set priorities, and meet aggressive timelines.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills, coupled with strong organizational, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Affinity for product