The National Sales Manager of HighQ for Mid Law is responsible for successfully leading and managing a senior level sales team for our HighQ product line. The Sales Manager is accountable to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales and renewal growth targets and to increase market share of HighQ. The Sales Manager ensures that the sales team is effectively trained, motivated, and coached to cover all assigned accounts and territories.
Major areas of accountability/ responsibility:
- Consistently attain sales and revenue quota for month, quarter, and year.
- Proven ability to manage within a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments and influence at all levels.
- Proven ability to lead through change.
- Ensure team members are properly trained on product knowledge, sales process, contract writing, pricing, and overall TR policies and procedures.
- Recruit and hire high quality sales candidates and ensure all territories are fully staffed. Continue to maintain a robust pipeline and bench of quality candidates for future openings.
- Ensure compliance across team of all required reporting and effective use of internal tools and resources.
- Support staff in achieving their monthly, quarterly and annual goals, by providing the necessary coaching, development and leadership to make each person and the overall team successful against core sales metrics.
- Provide accurate and timely sales and account management reports, forecasts, expense reports, customer evaluation reports as well as other reports requested by channel management.
- Work with product marketers, segment staff and product developers to provide input on legal and regulatory information products, services or solutions which allow our law firm customers to access & utilize our content & solutions more efficiently. Design and recommend special programs and promotions to maintain or stimulate growth.
- Foster and maintain positive and effective internal and external customer relationships. Assist in customer escalation issues and provide customer relationship support as needed.
- Ensure all business dealings are handled professionally and ethically in accordance with established and accepted business practices. Support company processes and procedures and help to ensure the customers' experience is without compromise
- Champions new and innovative approaches, ideas, methods, processes, products and services.
- Sets high standards for performance, takes ownership, and drives accountability for results.
- Excellent leadership skills with a proven track record of sales success; creative and adaptable with the ability to effectively coach and lead in a changing environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Commitment to People
- Skilled in coaching effectively, managing overall performance; ability to demonstrate and teach job related skills to optimize employee's performance.
- Creates an environment to attract the best and brightest people.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with employees, customers and internal partners; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Builds constructive relationships across the organization with key business partners including channel teammates, Order Processing/Credit, Marketing Segment, New Product Development, and Finance to drive the business forward.
- Works collaboratively across boundaries and gets things done despite divergent goals, cultures and perspectives.
- Four-year college degree required.
- 4+ years in a successful sales or account management role
- Prior field management experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of law firm legal market
- Established knowledge or a good appreciation of legal workflow and research products
- High degree of integrity and ethical foundation
- Service orientation and experience with professional client presentations
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy
- Prior sales and sales management experience with proven results orientation.
- Strong B2B business development skills.
- Field Sales Revenue
- Expense Budget