An established B2B consulting firm is looking to hire a Sales Manager to join the team and lead sales efforts on behalf of the company. A minimum of 10 years of sales experience with a proven track record of success in business to business sales is required. Due to the technical nature of sales, preference will be given to candidates that have proven success in reaching their sales goals and building sales team in complex sales environments. This is a "lead by example" role where the Sales Manager is expected to conduct and lead sales efforts on behalf of the company. The company offers a competitive commission and bonus structure, in addition to base salary listed. This position does require some overnight travel.
This position is directly responsible for driving profitable revenue growth for the company. The Sales Manager will create new client relationships with the objective of obtaining new Requests for Quotations (RFQ's) and orders that result in new business, while concurrently working to maintain relationships with current clients. Previous experience managing a telemarketing team, sales team, building a sales pipeline and tracking sales efforts through a CRM are required. This role is responsible for providing oversight and leadership for both the "inside" and "outside" sales teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive profitable revenue growth by closing sales.
- Nurture strong business relationships with prospective customers to generate new business. Build and maintain strong relationships with existing clients.
- Participate with the senior management team on developing and executing on the strategic plan for Sales. Develop a clear strategy, in concert with Marketing, on how to effectively grow sales, by customer segment, for the company.
- Effectively manage telemarketing team
- Develop and maintain a "pipeline" to build and track sales leads and ensure they are followed up on effectively and in a timely manner.
- Proven experience building and leading a Sales team.
- Ensure inputs are completed in the company CRM in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of sales literature.
- Ensure company commitments are kept with respect to service quality and delivery.
- Foster and support the company culture.
- Provide the leadership and direction necessary to sustain the company's growth.
Qualifications and Skills
- College degree (BA, B Sc), MBA preferred.
- 10 or more years of successful sales experience in B2B selling preferred. Equivalent experience in a technical sales environment considered.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent presentation skills comfortable using and presenting in PowerPoint.
- Comfortable with using Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) software like SalesForce or Microsoft Dynamics, with a deep understanding of the sales funnel and metrics for tracking performance.
- Skilled in effectively leading a Sales team and achieving results through others.
- Must be an outgoing individual who is comfortable meeting new people, putting people at ease and inspiring trust.
- Valid Driver's License. Must be willing to travel to various client locations. Travel, for this position, can be as high as 25 - 50% to facilitate the effective fostering of client relationships for each key account assigned.
- Curious Nature: Relentless curiosity in the pursuit of new sales and opportunities. Actively listens to customer feedback and look for ways we can more effectively serve them.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to foster new initiatives that will drive growth for the company.
- Passionate: Passionate about personal success and the success of others in the company.
- Proactive: Proactively approaches solving problems and issues.
- Emotional Stability : Keeps his/her temper under all business conditions.
- Good Judgement: Ability to make sound decisions.
- Insightful: Ability to distill, from an interaction with a customer, the "insight" in how we can serve them better and increase sales.
- Natural Leader: Ability to naturally lead others, through common goals, understanding, and collaboration.
- Confident: must be confident in their skills and abilities because of their background, training and prior success.
The company offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefit program.
Please note that relocation assistance is not provided for this position. Preference will be given to local candidates or those willing to re-locate to the Hartford, CT area.