Recruiting Excellence Since 1989 Davalyn Corporation is a pre-eminent executive search firm. Our philosophy is operational excellence, total commitment to clients and the best professional standards in national and international markets.
Our very high completion rate and the strong level of repeat business from our major clients are our best references. Working in partnership with our clients, we track down and attract the leaders in the corporate world. We seek only those who are effective in what they do and are marked out as achievers in their field. In an increasingly competitive marketplace for top-caliber talent, Davalyn Corporation offers results-driven professional recruiting services to help our clients thrive.
Our client, a leader in the food industry that manufacturers and distributes some of the country's best known brands, is seeking a National Sales Manager - Club. This position will be responsible for driving sales in a direct selling capacity through fact based selling and forming productive customer relationships for the Club Channel. In addition to selling, this role requires product development interface with marketing, trade planning and delivering profitability targets. The National Sales Manager will be responsible for Costco's 4 Eastern Regions and BJ's Boston.
- Selling products directly to Club retailers, including Costco and BJ's
- Maintaining corporate mandated profit contribution levels through effective management of assigned spending budgets
- Effectively utilizing syndicated data to identify opportunities and to provide management with post analysis results
- Interfacing with Marketing and Sales Management to identify opportunities and develop regional initiatives
- Managing trade spending budget and delivering financial sales responsibility driven by senior leadership team
- Evaluating current and competitive product's pricing, promotions and sales strategies for potential business opportunities
- Leading contributor to product innovation plans for Club
- Collaborating with Customer Inventory Analyst and corporate teams on production forecasting of assigned brands
- Developing recommendations for displays and other promotional activities to effectively optimize sales growth, using available POS, syndicated and consumer insights data
- Providing guidance to the retail broker team in determining monthly objectives and assisting in overall management of the broker team
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience selling to Club customers within the Consumer Goods industry (Consumer Package Goods (CPG), consumer products, food, cookies, crackers, snacks, chips, beverage, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of how to successfully navigate the Club Channel is required
- Demonstrated analytical skills to understand trends and make recommendations
- Must have a good understanding of syndicated data information sources ie., AC Nielsen or IRI
- Financial acumen is a must, will be developing plans that deliver on profitability expectations and managing tradebudget
- Ability to develop, implement, and measure sales generating programs