Willis Towers Watson Northeast, Inc. seeks a National Sales Leader in New York, NY who will be responsible for managing and overseeing insurance sales activities for the Japan Global Practice Group (JGPG)’s North American (including Latin America and Europe) global sales initiatives to meet/exceed internal growth and revenue targets.
Duties will be to:
- Develop and implement insurance sales strategies for all lines of new business;
- Manage the Trans-Atlantic sales initiatives with European counterparts;
- Manage the relationship with co-broking partner (MST) to enhance overall sales activities;
- Guide practice leaders regarding sales and activities at each sales region including North America, Europe, Asia, and Japan and regional managers in managing the day to day activities of the service operations teams working on Japanese clients/account in the East, Midwest, South, West, and Texas;
- Lead the improvement of the groups new sales results;
- Win percentage of the RFP process through effective communication with practice leaders;
- Review and manage the sales pipeline with each regional leader and their sales forces;
- Ensure that proper sales strategies and tactics are in place and that the defined action is being taken to drive reporting of sales activity issues and collaborative structure issues;
- Define new growth opportunities in each region and guide regional managers in obtaining new business while coordinating operations for new initiatives with international Japanese business units, including consulting directly with Japanese C-Suite executives;
- Supervise and manage three regional managers and lead a sales team of ten professional sales consultants.
- Must have minimum 10 years of experience in sales and risk consulting for Japanese companies in a global insurance brokerage firm.
- Requires 5 years’ experience in the insurance agency in Japan, and in the European, or North American insurance industry.
- Requires 2 years’ experience consulting with Japanese C-Suite executives on global insurance programs.
- 15% domestic travel required. 15% international travel (10% to Japan) required.