Responsibilities for this position will include (but not be limited to):
- Overall responsibility for business development and sales of Veolia’s wastewater technology into the Light Industry sector for USA focusing on sales of biological wastewater treatment systems.
- Direct sales and business development responsibility in assigned territory (East of Mississippi river) to achieve sales goals for booked orders and gross margin.
- Strategy development and expanding new business opportunities and new lead generation avenues for increased sales.
- Sales calls on engineers, EPCs, and end users.
- Attendance at trade shows as required.
- Coordination and idea generation with marketing department.
- Detailed interaction with office process and engineering staff.
- Development and writing of proposals with office support staff.
- Development of sales presentations.
- Coordination with worldwide Veolia network to leverage learnings and global key accounts.
- Lead pricing and T&Cs negotiation on final sales.
- Management of other Light Industry sales direct report(s).
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts as required.
Education and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the application and sale of capital equipment/systems and technology in the industrial wastewater treatment industry.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree is required for this position, preferably in an engineering discipline.
- Candidate should possess a high degree of technical competence in wastewater treatment systems along with exceptional communications skills (oral and written). Additionally the candidate needs an intimate understanding of the buying influences and purchasing protocols in the light industrial market.
- Travel will be approximately 25-35%.