a UnitedHealth Group company, with over 24,000 employees globally, specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, integrated services to promote optimal outcomes, superior savings and outstanding client and consumer experiences. We make healthier happen by creating smarter health care connections to help more than 65 million consumers nationwide realize improved care, lower costs and a better overall experience. This is a place like no other and where you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
As a member of the 340B sales leadership team, this role is responsible for leading and executing on the 340B sales and client success strategy. This position is responsible for developing and implementing 340B sales strategies to achieve the department's financial objectives through the leadership of a regional sales team. The overall goal for the regional team is to work directly with 340B eligible covered entities to drive contracting, 340B qualified claims and net pharmacy fees in the specialty pharmacy, home delivery and infusion spaces. The national sales director is responsible for providing direction and leadership to the 340B core sales teams, 340B community sales teams and 340B PBM sales teams to call on multiple customer segments in the 340B program. Working collaboratively across the organization, the national sales director will be successful by leveraging innovative strategies and tactics including excellence in customer engagement, account planning, developing and executing strategic plans.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Execute strategic plan for the sales organization to increase market share and sales performance and achieve company business objectives
- Provide leadership and focus to assure delivery of key business objectives related to340B products and services
- Lead teams to develop plans focused on sales targeting of 340B eligible covered entities
- Lead teams to sign new 340B contracts with key accounts and expand existing contracts
- Work closely/collaborate with leadership of Optum field based physician sales teams and Optum PBM health system teams to leverage joint value proposition strategy
- Develop creative solutions to gain profitable business
- Develop and leverage relationship with TPA partners and consultants
- Work with team to drive contracting goals and register new accounts during quarterly registration periods with HRSA
- Work closely with340B teams to serve needs of the covered entity and optimize the program
- Will continually monitor territory business to maximize results
- Analyze data to understand key drivers and mix by drug, therapy, business segment, etc.
- Track 340B Dispense data, qualified claims, and net pharmacy fees to trend the business
- Participates in exhibits and seminars to promote Optum 340B Services
- Assist with the development and coordination of the sales selling cycle and methodology
- Lead and execute the development of sales targeting, call frequency, call messaging, account management and sales pull-through
- Provide inspirational leadership and focus to ensure the achievement of key business objectives
- Ability to manage multiple projects with accuracy and to meet deadlines on deliverables
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of sales experience
- 2+ years of 340B experience and working knowledge of space
- Management and leadership skills
- Experience mentoring and coaching sales reps
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
Careers with OptumRx.
- Past leadership experience with proven ability to meet quotas
- Experience working with specialty and/or infusion pharmacy services
- Ability to manage multiple projects with accuracy and to meet deadlines / deliverables
- Results oriented with strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: National Sales Director, 340B, PBM, TPA, Specialty, Infusion, Community, Hemophilia, Core, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote