A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 200,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states.
Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy’s CEO knows all associates by their name. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education and Entertainment industries, and of course we support Compass Group-- which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellowassociates.
Foodbuy is the foodservice industry’s leading Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) focused on lowering purchasing and product costs for companies in Hospitality, Leisure, Healthcare, Education and Restaurants.
The National Sales Director, position is responsible for developing new business relationships across Foodbuy’s primary business verticals This position will be field based; preferably located in or near a major US city.
- Identify and develop new business relationships within the Hospitality, Leisure, Healthcare, Education and Restaurant veritcals that lead to long term contracts for Foodbuy
- Develop prospect target lists and new business pipeline to create an active sales funnel within CRM with goal of contracting directly with clients
- Educate and collaborate with key prospects in order to create winning business partnerships
- Develop business proposals that clearly articulate the benefits and total value of Foodbuy
- Build key relationships with CXO level executives that will provide viable business targets
- Implement and transition new clients to the Foodbuy Member Development and Member Services team
- Assist in the identification and development of new strategies and insights of necessary offerings to the Foodbuy Management Team
- Asks strategic probing questions of committed members to gain insight into long-term needs and priorities
- Understand Foodbuy’s competitive landscape and each competitors unique selling proposition in the marketplace
- Creates clear and concise written proposals, collateral and presentations addressing prospective client’s needs
- Takes appropriate steps during and after meetings face-to-face or remotely to evaluate whether key messages were received and understood
- Bi weekly travel within a defined geography for key meetings and prospecting efforts
- Develop relationships with outside supplier and distributor partners to facilitate growth
- Attend key conferences and industry tradeshows representing the Foodbuy brand in the marketplace
- Achieves or exceeds new business targets set each quarter and year with the VP of Hospitality & Leisure
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, focus in Business preferred; significant related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education
- A minimum of 7 years of proven sales hunting experience
- Strong understanding of food service procurement by business segment/channel is a plus
- Experience selling at the CXO level, preferably selling a service versus a product
- Experience selling multiple, value added service solutions including technology and consulting services
- Significant experience preparing sales proposals and making presentations to senior leadership (internal & external)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Suite of applications is required
- Ability to travel extensively, 70%+, primarily to prospective client locations
- A strong understanding of the financial, commercial, technological and social aspects of Group Purchasing Organizations and the competitive environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer/client relationship skills, both internally and externally
- Ability to build effective long-term interpersonal relationships proactively across functions both within Foodbuy and externally, working with others towards mutually acceptable solutions
- Strong influencing skills—must be able to persuade people’s attitudes, behaviors and decisions to desired results
- Ability to manage travel and associated expenses in order to ensure the achievement of strategic organizational objectives and to increase the profitability of Foodbuy.
- Excellent negotiation skills--proven ability to engage others and handle interactions with individuals or groups to obtain commitment, compromise or settlement in a way that promotes win-win solutions and mutual goals or interests.
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 235976