National Retail Sales Manager
If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for achieving agreed-upon sales goals with existing accounts and securing business with new accounts for assigned retailproduct lines and brands across Canada. Works with regional sales managers, independent sales representatives, and customers to effectively manage the Canadian customer base in the consumer/retailchannel. Ensures sales growth and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains and grows existing customer accounts through an appropriate level of contact. Creates sales growth by securing business through strategic customer segments.
- Develops relationships with and completes sales with assigned regional and national customer bases. Converts non-customers into customers.
- Maintains existing contact with regional and national decision makers to ensure their specifications remain with Franklin Electric.
- Coordinates and attends regional tradeshows, state and regional shows, and territory seminars.
- Participates in pricing negotiations and purchasing contracts.
- Inputs contacts into the CRM software to track progress.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Develops and manages the assigned sales staff's selling capabilities within the assigned geographic region. Monitors and maintains sales goals.
- Develops short- and long-term forecasts, budgets, strategies, and marketing programs required to meet sales objectives.
- Contracts with independent representatives to achieve sales goals as necessary.
- Works with product teams to develop products that will grow sales and profitability. Provides feedback to product managers to meet customer needs. Manages the provision of product application and sizing.
- Works with the marketing team to ensure marketing such as collateral, packaging, catalogs, Internet presence, etc., meets customer demand.
- Supervises supervisory and/or non-supervisory employee(s).
- Interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; assisting in addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Working with Human Resources on employee issues.
- Contracts with external salespeople to achieve sales goals as necessary and feasible.
Skills and Abilities
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Knows accounting principles and demonstrates solid math skills.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Use noncomplex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, business management, engineeringtechnology, or a related field (required).
- Seven to ten years of relevant experience in sales, marketing, product management, or a related field (required).