The National Product Manager is responsible for leading cross functional teams from a product’s conception through to its launch. The position will coordinate all product activities from vision to implementation, work with stakeholders to define business requirements, drive usability studies, dive deep into data to gain customer insights, define product roadmaps, work with engineering to build the products and coordinate across internal stakeholders (Creative, Strategic Services, Education, IT, Customer Service, Operations/Administration and more).
The National Product Manager is very instrumental in the success of The Product Studio, the product arm of the company’s national marketing team. The majority of the duties of this position must be performed without delay. This is a critical position affecting almost every product touched by the SalesAssociates, Managers and staff within the company. If this role is performed successfully, Managers and staff can run their offices smoothly and agents can conduct and expand their business within the local markets. If this role is not performed successfully, the overall production of agents can be diminished; agents can be lost to competitors providing more effective products and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive intuitive navigation
- Opportunity to influence one of the high visibility/high impact areas in the organization and have an immediate positive impact on our client base
- Possess the following traits:
- Product passion – Have a love and respect for good products, no matter where they come from and live to create them.
- Customer empathy – Ability to empathize with our target market.
- Strong work ethic
- Integrity – Work by influencing those on the team. Showing mutual trust and respect for all those involved in the process.
- Attitude – Takes full responsibility for the product and does not make excuses. The successful product manager knows he is ultimately responsible for the success of the product. It is the job of the PM to see that each and every one of the obstacles faced are overcome.
- Time management
- Applying technology – Understand new technology and see how it might be applied to help solve a relevant problem.
- Constantly learning – Taking new classes, reading books and articles, talking with engineers and architects, reviewing newly released tech and products.
- Focus – Ability to keep focus on the key problem to be solved at any given moment and not succumb to creeping featurism or the loud voices of a few key people or customers. Requires tremendous discipline.
- Excellent communication skills – Influence by persuasion rather than authority. Excellent verbal and written skills. Write powerfully enough to persuade. Present to large groups of company executives – explaining what the product is about and why it is important. Engaging. Clearly knowledgeable. Passionate about the product. Speaks clearly and concisely.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated quantitative and qualitative experience with demonstrated impact to a business
- 4+ years software product experience
- Track record of creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new products
- Collaborative approach working with cross-functional teams and influencing across the organization
- Experience defining business requirements and managing projects
- Must enjoy managing multiple projects simultaneous and balancing priorities
- Experience working with developers and software teams