Market Strategic Planning
- Establish and lead a common engineering design platform for the brand focusing on strength and consistency across LEO A DALY’s engineering centers, as well as monitoring project work execution across all engineering disciplines throughout our brand.
- Provide vision, direction and thought leadership to develop and execute the annual strategic plan to advance LEO A DALY’s engineering practice in alignment with the Five-Year Strategic Plan.
- Grow the overall engineering practice by cultivating existing Engineering Design Centers, establishing new Engineering Design Centers and providing engineering services for LEO A DALY offices without in-house engineering professionals.
- Assess needs and relevant trends to recommend improvements relative to tools and methods for implementation of engineering software, design procedures, standard details and master specifications.
- Contribute and develop ideas, lead efforts and actively engage in LEO A DALY research and development initiatives.
- Oversee the review and update of marketing materials, branding and positioning strategy for the practice.
Business Development and Client Relations
- Lead business development identifying opportunities and building relationships with potential clients for the engineering practice.
- Guide the development of winning key pursuit strategies, targeted client capture plans and assist in reviewing key submittals, RFQs, RFPs, etc. Attend key interviews representing and promoting LEO A DALY’s engineering practice and services.
- Collaborate with office leadership to inspire achievement of office market sector strategic goals, targeted pursuit win rate, budgeted new business contracted and net fees earned.
- Ensure client satisfaction with responsiveness to inquiries, anticipating needs, innovative approaches, string problem-solving and open communication.
- Plan, coordinate and represent LEO A DALY at community and industry events, professional conferences, meetings, committees, etc., become the face of the practice through conference speaking and publishing.
Leadership and Management
- Champion our ability to act and look like one firm, creating a new, interconnected view of our focus markets and resources in alignment with our design goals building an engineering practice working closely together throughout the United States and abroad.
- Consult and coordinate with office practice leaders on work share opportunities, appropriate staffing mix and assignments with consideration of skills and career development of technical staff.
- Work closely with individual office leadership on recruitment and retention of office engineering technical staff. Assess industry resources, expertise and experience to recommend key hires in building a best-in-class team.
- Be a recognized expert and trusted advisor in all matters of the engineering practice.
- Identify technical topics and potential areas of technical improvement to the attention of discipline leaders for standardization.
- Identify and establish subject matter experts for consultation when considering new building technologies or design approaches.
- Provide engineering design expertise on individual projects.
- Develop with office leadership process to execute projects to the highest quality, on time and within budget.
- Evaluate technical review procedures within offices ensuring all projects undergo QAQC review process. Coordinate with office QAQC managers individual office procedures to implement brand-wide standards.
- Work with discipline leaders, project managers and technical staff as necessary regarding technical quality of documents, details and specifications, code review and interpretations.
- Expansive, generalist engineering perspective as well as a focused depth of knowledge in multiple building types and systems, supplemented by a passion for innovation, technical excellence and sustainable design practices.
- Thorough knowledge of architectural practice especially large projects and complex building systems.
- Proven track record in developing new services, building and/or enhancing a professional practice, designing and implementing new operational processes and serving as a change agent and thought leader.
- Demonstrated professional expertise and success in directing and providing diverse engineering services to clients in support of architecture planning and design.
- A desire to mentor team members, offer guidance and leadership.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships across the brand.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate and present to multiple levels of industry audiences, clients and staff. Ability to successfully facilitate groups.
- Active leader and member of varied professional and community organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred in Building or Architecture Engineering.
- Registered/Licensed PE.
- 15+ years’ experience in a leadership position focused on building engineering within the A/E/C industry.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to travel regularly with some international travel.