About Crossover Health
Crossover makes remarkable health possible by bringing people, their doctors, data, and benefits together under one connected system of health. We’ve built an entirely new category of primary care providing one simple place to go for trusted care—in person, online, anytime. We are working with the most innovative employer partners to integrate disconnected health and wellness benefits with tech-enabled services which allows our partners to increase access to care, decrease spending, and deliver an unrivaled experience for employees near and far.
The Medical Director is a critical member of the Practice Leadership triad (which includes the Practice Director and Account Manager), engaged in defining the overall clinical strategy and direction of care, as well as guiding the overall health services strategy with leadership teams. The position provides practice-level medical oversight and leadership expertise to ensure Crossover achieves the “quadruple aim” -- 1) decreased spend, 2) increased quality, 3) improved patient/member engagement, and 4) strong employee/provider engagement.
The role is responsible for leading a complex, busy, integrated care practice and ensuring a long-term, thoughtful health strategy is in place from both a systems and population health perspective.
- Partners with the Practice Director to work as part of an effective clinical dyad, focusing on establishing and achieving region or market goals, growth targets, operating performance, financial metrics, and overall region/market practice outcomes.
- Conducts regular clinic reviews to ensure the region/market is achieving overall clinic performance, including quality, clinical, and financial goals.
- Ensures that the Crossover’s standard of care is fully implemented, optimized, and continuously improved.
- Provides direct patient care and models the key Crossover Health attributes of servant leadership.
- Ensures adherence to privacy, compliance, and quality programs and policies.
- Leads the development of strategies to grow the region/market in partnership with the Triad.
- Partners to drive product/service innovation, including new health technologies.
- Hires, coaches, and develops care team leaders: physicians, optometrists, behavioral health, health coaches, and physical medicine. Assists in onboarding and training new team leaders. Encourages continuing professional education and development to enhance learning and meet licensing expectations.
- Serves as an advisor to the client regarding clinical care, administrative, regulatory, and other health and wellness issues or needs.
- Upholds, safeguards, and promotes the Crossover’s values and philosophy relating to ethics, integrity and corporate responsibility.
- Manages practice-level clinician schedules, including on-call duties, vacation scheduling, coverage and float pool development, in order to meet client access expectations.
- Oversees physician leaders within a clinic in executing secondary health strategies, including the design, development, delivery and continuous optimization of secondary health capabilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Board certification in primary care (internal medicine, family practice, and pediatrics)
- Minimum of 5 years management experience of a multi-speciality, interdisciplinary, and high performance clinic
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification
- Experience with, and demonstrated successful leadership of disease management and/or population health programs
- Experience with, and deep knowledge of digital health as a category and devices, technology, and apps, specifically as they relate to integration with primary care
- Strong grasp of healthcare data science
- High level of integrity, excellent communication, and strong leadership skills
- Strategic and innovative thinker with proven ability to communicate a vision, as well as the execution capabilities to drive toward and be accountable for results
- Demonstrated management, organizational and interpersonal skills with a flexible personality and high tolerance for ambiguity during high growth
- Ability to solve problems and execute on initiatives
- Experience with working collaboratively internally and externally
- Self-assured and results oriented
Physical Job Requirements
- May require standing, walking and sitting for extended amounts of time.
- Occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional travel within region/market and leadership meetings 10-20% of the time.
- Manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Includes full range of body motion including potential of handling and lifting patients.
- Requires corrected vision, hearing and speech within normal ranges. Must be able to effectively communicate with patients and team members.