This role will report to the Head of Workplace Strategic Relationships and be accountable to strategically and tactically improve overall relationships with specifically assigned key accounts with a focus on driving sales and retention. Works closely with head office staff at assigned clients to include wirehouse, banks, aggregators, independent, consultants or insurance broker/dealer accounts. Coordinate all marketing, sales, and support services for the assigned accounts and anticipates and resolves the more complex problems. Understand the assigned accounts requirements and develops programs to meet these requirements. Responsible for the entire relationship including new business, asset retention, increasing flows, expanding product offerings with existing relationships and client satisfaction.
Specific responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely and effectively with third party distribution channels on a national and regional basis: to enhance and leverage all possible points of contact within the distribution partner group, to retain, introduce and/or expand relationship.
- Strive to continually identify distributors’ needs and coordinate efforts to satisfy those needs effectively across all product lines and points of service within Workplace Solutions.
- Translate broad strategies into clear operating plans and tactical initiatives.
- Create a team atmosphere by encouraging and valuing collaboration/team results.
- Manages the relationships including enhancing the knowledge of the channels' sales associates and establishing the levels of service, and support to the channel.
- Develop and execute a clear and concise business plan.
- Provide information to educate and inform channel partner sales representatives, be the key participant and representative of MMUS at related national and regional sales meetings and seminars, work with MMUS and channel partner marketing executives to create and develop effective and partner-specific sales ideas and strategic initiatives, and work to support and extend the reach of all MMUS sales representatives.
The capabilities and experiences most critical to success in this role are:
- Demonstrated sales and presentation skills including strong negotiation skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thought leader who excels in a highly collaborative environment while building, maintaining and utilizing major spheres of influence in the market
- Success maintaining strong executive presence at major accounts being able to present the company, its solutions, and its products professionally and convincingly
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented, organizational, leadership and project management skills
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Individual must be sales focused and have demonstrated the ability to operate in a multi task environment and stay organized
- Ability to handle complex or rapid flow of information and ideas effectively
- Strong process orientation (effective and efficient ways to get things done, organize people and activities, set goals and measures, set up plan to monitor progress)
- Ability to manage risk
- Strong sales abilities are required evidenced by a track record of increasing new business at both exiting and developing relationships at prospective key accounts.
- Successful candidate will be a self-starter who can effectively operate in a highly team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills, and the ability to utilize them effectively across and at all levels within the organization, are essential for success in this role.
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of independence
- Adjusts readily to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change
- Strikes an effective balance between attending to important details and remaining focused on the big picture
- The 'know how' to get results
- Excellence in Teamwork and promoting a positive work environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 10 years relevant work experience, preferably in a key account or sales environment
- Ability to obtain FINRA Series 6 license within 180 days from date of hire
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- This position is open to remote in any location and must have ability and willingness to travel significantly (50%-70% travel may be required)