Job reference: R-017508
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As a National Account Director you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact onchanging patients’ lives. North American Commercial is the ‘face’ of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.As the National intermediaries National Account Director, you will have an exciting opportunity to be part of the Market Access team. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a highly visible team working with contract and program agreement administration.
In this role you will build and strengthen relationships with key influences within Intermediary and key downstream accounts so AZ can recognize and respond with agility to market changes. Our objective is to implement contracts in advance of sale ofcompany products through customized packages. This includes assisting in proposal preparation, contract negotiation and implementation.
You will partner with the Senior Director assigned to the intermediate account delivering on strategic objectives for national intermediary
- Aiding customer specific situation analysis
- Assisting in an opportunity based prioritization of customer needs
- Developing customer specific strategy
- Establishing engagement plans with key downstream accounts
- Assessment of efficient allocation of AZ resources to the account
- Aiding in delivering services to meet the needs of the customer
- Coordinate activities with key downstream national accounts of their intermediary with theappropriate MAPS Geographic Business Director (MGBD) and Regional Account Director (RAD) including ensuring alignment with strategic objectives of the MGBD’s and National Provider SALS across the business, including selling teams, Medical Affairs, Corporate Affairs and all other internal stakeholders.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of company’s and competitor products, services and pricing. Handles major national accounts with significant impact on overall AZ sales.
- Key team contributor with internal organization and other stakeholders (e.g. SAL, sales, brand teams, medical CoE)
- Models AZ values
- Provides accountable solutions to SAL & stakeholders to drive value in short and long term
- Understands stakeholders and customers business priorities and strategies
- Acts as a focal point for operational advancement of the contract through internal processes. The SAL has final approval of the contract prior to execution.
- Builds strong networked relationships throughout key downstream accounts and develops/strengthens key relationships with account senior management and decision makers including understanding influencer and decision maker mapping
- Ensures and drives consistent implementation of account strategy with respect to pull through across the Sales organization for target accounts. Tactics include full engagement of the sales force.
- Prioritizes account projects/initiatives that address changing customer and market requirements; presents business case for opportunity evaluation, including a broad view of the entire account impact and coordinates/manages project implementation
- Communicates with Brand team and Managed Markets sales force leadership and representatives regarding account specific programs, activities and pull through messages
- Proactive in identifying issues and challenges with accounts. Engages with appropriate resources in headquarters for development of contract offers and counter offers
Requirements: Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five preferably ten years in sales leadership positions requiring relationship building and contract negotiation with payors and/or providers
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and team development ability
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with and influence peers and management
- Demonstrated communication and platform skills
- Understanding of financial concepts and contracting issues including legal and best price implications
- Strong customer facing skills
- Demonstrated negotiating capability
- Demonstrated ability to execute contracting, including assessing legal and best price implications
- Prior experience in sales management or general management
- Prior experience in managed care at a pharmaceutical company or managed care organization
- Prior experience in a commercial function