Transportation Geospatial Practice Leader, open location.
This position is primarily responsible for leading and managing profitable growth and for propelling Woolpert into a stronger position as an industry leader within the Transportation geospatial solutions niche.
The practice leader will guide strategic planning, marketing, client/business development and capture planning activities and will guide a team of program and project directors to ensure consistent quality, customer satisfaction and financial performance is achieved. The ideal candidate will lead the growth of key Federal and State DOT business nationally and will guide growth in new and emerging geographies that build on our existing reputation in the states of Colorado, Indiana, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Wisconsin.
- Collaborate with the Transportation Market Director in the development of the Annual Strategic Business Plan
- Identify new or emerging trends in federal and state funding, policy, services and technology
- Lead the business development initiatives for the practice
- Support your team of Program Directors and Project Managers to be efficient with their own business development initiatives
- Develop your own pipeline of business/contract opportunities within the State/region you are based. (To include, DOT’s/Districts, Regional Transit and related consulting partners)
- Identify and communicate business growth opportunities and serve as a geospatial Subject Matter Expert in one or more areas of existing and emerging geospatial technology solutions which include: Unmanned Aerial Systems, Mobile/Aerial LiDAR, Subsurface Utility Engineering, Design Surveys, ROW services, Construction and Asset Management solutions.
- Participate in shortlist presentations for prospective clients
- Participate in contract negotiations with clients
- Provide quality reviews for all project documentation including work plans thru final deliverables
- Guide the appropriate level of collaboration between your Project Managers and the cross-functional technical (discipline) teams particularly in new service offerings.
- Manage, monitor, and forecast metrics including: Profit and Loss, Sales, Net Revenue and Utilization for the Practice
- Accountable for the successful delivery of all projects within your practice.
- Minimum of 15years of related work experience driving new business development and delivery oversite for projects including but not limited to: aerial/mobile imagery and lidar surveys, traditional topographic Right-Of-Way (ROW) plan development to DOT standards
- A valid professional Engineering or Surveying license. licenses in multiple states are highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong overarching business acumen required, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
- Quickly adapt and respond to industry changes as well as internal initiatives