Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides curbside consultations to the organization's Primary Care Physician population via platform in place. Must answer within Service Level Agreement (SLA) provided by National Director of Network, and other clinical leads.
- Provides information related to specific specialty during National Physician's meetings.
- Reviews procedural event requests around specialty.
- Reviews historical referrals to manage understanding of necessity and help incorporate Best Practice Alerts (BPA) to the Primary Care Physicians of the organization so that appropriate Value Based referrals can be placed.
- Reviews charts for admits related to specialty to ensure appropriate plan of care is amended to mitigate future hospital activity where possible.
- Provides clinical advice to PCPs on patients regarding the daily and long-term management of their diseases or conditions.
- Keeps up to date with changes in the field of specialty to learn about newest forms of treatment. May be asked to update or provide training to center personnel.
- May attend center meetings as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the field of neurology, nephrology or orthopedics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with other caregivers, primarily Primary Care Physicians but also Nurse Practitioners, Hospitalists and other specialists
- Professional demeanor with the ability to explain medical conditions to care providers in clear and straightforward terms
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Business acumen to support managing costs down
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus in-house applications used in medical centers, e.g. DASH, MyNotes.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 15% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Doctoral degree in medicine; completion of a residency program with specialization in neurology, nephrology or orthopedics
- M.D. with focus in Nephrology, Nephrology or Orthopedics is required; board certification preferred
- Two (2)+ years of practicing experience, preferably in a value-based environment
- State licensure and certification
- Successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Exam required.