- In collaboration with assigned RVP's, as well as chapter ED's and DD staff, actively build and manage a portfoliio of major gift prospects by both growing revenue from the existing donor base and through new donor prospects.
- Manage a productive portfolio or $6MM using state of the art CRM, metrics and reporting to revenue growth and diversification year over year
- Set development goals, management to achieve or surpass those goals and report regularly on status.
- Develop strong and compelling major gift proposals, acknowledgments, reports and other communications.
- Work with all chapter staff to ensure that significant donors in assigned area have multi-year solicitation, cultivation and stewardship plans at each event they attend.
- Bring Leukemia & Lymphoma Society resources to highest and best use for multi-year solicitation, cultivation and stewardship plans across all LLS products.
- Strategic and other initiatives to benefit the Donor Development Department and the organization, as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 6+ years experience in a fundraising or capital raising role.
- Experience in direct solicitation of major gifts or investments.
- Experience working in a matrix environment.
- Superior writing skills to craft compelling proposals and effective acknowledgments.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to acquire an understanding of leukemia, lymphoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma, as well as issues of concern to blood cancer patients and their families.
- Able to think strategically and maintain focus while working with multiple chapters and managing a portfolio of qualified prospects/donors.
- Computer literacy and a commitment to maintaining integrity of a central database.
- Ability to travel with some overnight stays required.
- Must be able to engage directly with donors and prospective donors.
- Demonstrated ability to build a viable network/pipeline of prospective donors or investors which to achieve YOY increases in revenue.
- Ability to indirectly manage people and teams to higher levels of performance through influence.
- Creative self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team, regardless of the task at hand.
- Takes independent actions and calculated risks, looks for and takes advantages of opportunities, solicits feedback to improve processes or actions.
- Ability to maximize impact of all LLS assets – local and national – to achieve objectives.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding individuals or groups.
- Demonstrates stability of performance under pressure and/or opposition. Ability to cope with uncertainty, change and performance demands.
- Anticipates long term opportunities, defines a desired future state and communicates direction of vision and values.
- Incorporates long-term goals into tangible results and day-to-day activities; reinforces with the team.
- Facilitates the development of others knowledge and skills, providing timely feedback and guidance to help them reach goals.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations