WSP is currently seeking a bilingual National Director, Communications to join our national marketing team at WSP in Canada. As WSP’s National Director, Communications, the incumbent will oversee internal and external communications strategies across Canada to promote the incredible WSP culture, create a positive environment for WSP to realize its corporate strategy and business objectives and highlight what differentiates us as an employer of choice. Reporting to the National Vice President, Corporate Marketing, the National Director, Communications will lead the development of the communication strategy, oversee internal and external communication campaigns. The National Director, Communications will be the bridge for developing the message of how our business strategy is realized by our achievements, and contributes to supporting WSP’s culture and mobilizing all stakeholders behind our purpose.
- Lead the overall Communications plan and strategy for the Canadian operation, consisting of 8000 employees;
- Oversight of internal and external communications team located across Canada;
- Direct external communication, public relations, media relations, and thought leadership-based white papers and publications;
- Direct internal communications, stakeholder relations, shared service relations and drive employee engagement;
- Ensure brand consistency and corporate messaging is integrated in all communication;
- Oversee the translation of all relevant communication to French;
- Oversee CASL regulations and ensure communication databases are managed for compliance;
- Collaborate with global communications team for alignment and coordination of key corporate messages;
- Lead communications WorkStream as defined by the strategic framework;
- Establish a communications calendar to proactively drive communication internally, externally, through social media, recruitment and stakeholder management;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- University degree in communications, marketing or an equivalent;
- French fluency is strongly preferred;
- 10+ years of senior communications experience in a company of a similar type;
- Experience in a professional, corporate environment;
- Minimum three years of experience in a leadership capacity with prior management experience within communications:
- Experience in working with senior executive leaders (VPs, C-Level, etc.);
- Excellent writing and editorial skills;
- Depth of knowledge of a variety of communication media i.e. digital, social and traditional;
- Naturally curious and able to focus complex requests through to execution;
- Must be able to travel 10-15% within Canada.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).