- Identify and generate new sales leads through effective prospecting –including competitive analysis, data analysis and industry trends.
- Establish strategic level relationships with senior level client contacts and agency partnerships within the assigned territory.
- Identify marketing opportunities that span multiple markets, formats and audiences.
- Sell the value and brand strength of R One Digital to advertisers and agencies
- Proactively keep clients informed of pertinent account and R One Digital platform information, as well as marketplace conditions
- Make in-person visits to advertisers, agencies and any other applicable entities to drive revenue
- Grow revenue through new business and existing accounts within the assigned territory.
- Build, maintain and manage a sales pipeline to provide accurate planning, forecasting and reporting of pacing to monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
- Manage all aspects of the sales cycle – from initial client contact to campaign implementation
- Lead the internal sales process including guiding marketing, planning and account management to develop the best possible solutions
- Remain up to date with client strategies and campaigns
- Remain current with competitive networks
- Stay current with R One Digital’s brand offerings and performance
- Work closely with the VP of Digital Sales and VP of Digital Operations to develop a strategy to achieve growth goals and book of business.
- Take leadership on influencing products, solutions and communication
- Provide superior customer service to clients
- Utilize CRM to record all sales activity (e.g. meetings, emails, calls) and revenue reporting
- Possess excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Thrive in a creative business environment and maintain a positive demeanor
- Lead the team by example – via work intensity, strong command of the product and the advertising/marketing process
- Stay abreast of market knowledge
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Maintain accurate sales forecast
- Proficiency and MS PowerPoint and MS Excel
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Ability to work independently, while being open to direction and guidance
- Proven track record of closing large, custom deals
- Motivated, self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Creative, marketing-oriented media seller with a passion for what the Internet can bring to blue-chip advertisers
- Excellent written, communication skills, negotiation, persuasion, closing, presentation and follow-up skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to travel as-needed.
- Experience working with an African American or multicultural product
- Good analytical skills in both understanding marketers objectives and analyzing campaign performance
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of digital ad sales experience
- An additional 2-4 years of traditional media sales or agency experience -- print, radio, broadcast, cable, etc, or marketing position