Main Duties and Responsibilities
The National Clinical Account Director (NCAD) has primary responsibility for developing and implementing the AstraZeneca clinical strategy for the AZ portfolio for National Intermediary Accounts, Managed/FFS Medicaid, Group Purchasing Organizations, Specialty Pharmacies/Distributors and the Federal/Department of Defense (DoD) segments.
This role is accountable for the communication of clinical, health economic and value based information to payer-related decision makers for AZ medicines across all therapy areas.
Typical accountabilities include communicating clinical information, HECON information, economic modelling and the value proposition for AZ products across the portfolio to key clinical decision makers in targeted National Intermediary accounts (eg. National health plans and PBMs), Managed/FFS Medicaid, GPO, Specialty Pharmacy and the Federal/DoD segments.
The NCAD will also be responsible for developing and leading the implementation of the medical strategy and tactics for their assigned accounts, collaborating and providing direction to Regional Clinical Account Directors, and local market Therapy Area MSLs to ensure strategic alignment and effective communication of the clinical strategy for the National Accounts, and coordinating additional scientific resources as needed to support the clinical, health economic and scientific needs of clinical decision makers within assigned accounts.
- MD, Pharm.D. and/or Ph.D.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry in medical affairs or clinical development or commensurate experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in the managed care setting
- Understanding of US healthcare system, payers, reimbursement methods and integrated health systems
- Experience in a field medical liaison role
- Strong knowledge of clinical development/operations
- Working knowledge of FDA requirements
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Expert technical depth in disease area and ability to develop expertise across multiple disease areas
- Strong knowledge of health economics and capable of conducting value based discussions with key MM customers
- Pharm.D. or MD with additional post-graduate training (residency or fellowship) Master’s Degree (e.g., MBA, MHA or MPH)
- 5+ years’ experience working in a field medical liaison role position
- 10+ years’ experience in a managed care setting
- 10+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry in medical affairs, clinical development, or commensurate experience.