The National Business Director (NBD), Pulmonology, will report to the Vice President, Immunology CBU, US and be responsible for leading, hiring, developing and retaining the Pulmonology field team including Regional Directors, District Managers and Medical Specialists. The NBD through the Regional Directors will ensure strong and consistent sales performance that exceeds forecast and expectations driving accountability for all results allowing Regeneron/Sanofi to become a major player serving the Pulmonology market. The NBD will work closely with their Alliance partner counterpart(s) to insure full partnership and transparency within the collaboration. The NBD will accomplish this in a compliant manner with a high degree of integrity strictly following all Regeneron policies and in compliance with all policies and procedures governing the promotion of pharmaceutical and biologic products in the US. Key Responsibilities:
Your experience will include the following:
- In conjunction with commercial leadership, define and implement the strategic commercial plan to significantly and profitably grow the business.
- Build and develop a high quality sales team and provide overall leadership to the team and direct leadership to the Regional Directors.
- Ensure strong, consistent performance that consistently meet or exceed brand objectives and product sales goals while consistently demonstrating accountability for all results.
- In collaboration with Sanofi, ensure coordination and collaboration with all resources within the combined Regeneron/Sanofi field teams to support commercial success (e.g. Industry Related Congresses, Medical Conferences, and Speaker Programs etc.)
- Build the Company's credibility and relationships with key customers (e.g. National, Regional, local clinical experts, advocacy groups etc.) and their staffs in the field of Pulmonology.
- Ensure the Regional Directors, District Managers and Medical Specialists are viewed by their customers as clinical experts in the field of Pulmonology.
- In collaboration with Sanofi, develop and execute an Incentive Compensation plan for field team in accordance with corporate objectives and within guidelines in a compliant manner.
- Partner with multiple internal stakeholders to proactively analyze and address market dynamics and trends that support brand and collaboration objectives.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of Payer environment, reimbursement and challenges within National payer markets including: government programs, managed health care and evolving health care systems.
- BS/BA degree required, Master's degree or other advanced education/certifications a plus (Focused degree in science or clinical experience is a plus).
- Experienced business/sales leader (15+ years overall pharma/biopharma experience; minimum of 7 years sales leadership/management in office-based, sub-cutaneous self-injectable biologic product required. Experience in the Pulmonology therapeutic area preferred).
- Successful leadership record of hiring, coaching, developing, promoting and retaining top talent within span of control and ability to effectively manage performance of the team.
- Proven success and positive track record of performance with a high degree of integrity as a National Director in complex markets within complex systems required.
- Proven ability and success in developing physician/customer clinical experts in a Regional scope required.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; should be an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence.
- Strong ability to partner and collaborate with other internal field teams and alliance partners.
- Ability to travel extensively with local and regional influence.
- Highest personal values and ethical standards.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.