Job number: 2017-18665
National Business Development Representative; K&K Insurance - Toronto, ON
Canada, ON, Toronto
APPLY SHAREJob Description
K&K Insurance Group Is Looking For A National Business Development Representative
The National Business Development Representative acts as a strategic orchestrator, business consultant, and long-term ally to the broker network. Reporting directly into the Vice President & General Manager of Canada, this role will have a close working relationship with the Underwriting Director.
The National Business Development Representative (BDR) owns and manages brokers across the country. The successful candidate will be accountable for acquiring new business, maintaining and growing existing business, and providing advisory and strategic partnership to our clients.
The value proposition: The National BDR is the broker’s key contact, clearly accountable and empowered tomake immediate decisions. They develop solutions and find answers for their brokers by understanding their unique needs and providing expertise on how they can grow their business with K&K Insurance Canada. We’re looking for someone who has the passion for our business, our values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day.
Your Impact As A National Business Development Representative
This role will require extensive travel (75%)
- Relationship Management of Existing Brokers:This role is accountable for building, maintaining, and managing solid relationships with broker principals/middle managers in order to drive the business plan, maintain existing business and develop new business with each broker office. The BDR will manage these relationships through regular contact with brokers, providing advisory services around the insurance industry and K&K Insurance specific products and services;
- Prospecting and Acquiring New Brokers / Portfolios:This role is accountable for seeking out and closing on new brokers in the community by leveraging industry networks, established reputation, competitive intelligence, and utilizing a variety of direct sales efforts;
- Developing Broker and/or Business Unit Plans:The BDR is accountable for the development, approval and delivery of broker business plans and participating with the rest of the Underwriting team in the quarterly broker reviews;
- Monitoring Broker Performance:This role is accountable for ensuring that monthly / quarterly reviews of broker performance against the business plan are executed;
- Broker Focus:Through research and experience, understands the broker’s underlying needs and satisfies them through not only consistent service and resourcefulness but also attention todetail. Creates opportunities to plan with the broker to establish goals, standards for service and continually improve performance;
- Negotiation Skills:Presents alternative points of view. Develops a strategy to accept some points while rejecting others to achieve desired outcomes. Reaches agreement through negotiation toachieve mutual gain whereby if there is give on our part, we seek acceptable return in other ways, while preserving the relationship;
- Business Partnership Development:Brings parties together into a mutual agreement onissues/projects. Gets control and invests in projects of a value driven nature with brokers and customers. Utilizes investment of the company resources and knowledge to create “real” partnerships of a long-term nature with significant stakeholders to ensure dominance in our selling relationships;
- Work within the marketing initiatives to ensure campaigns are successfully implemented;
- Accountable for using input to make strategic decisions and remediation plans toensure performance measures are met, including; rehabilitation or termination decisions;
- Lead by example by demonstrating and sharing with all lines of business the importance of best practice; and
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Minimum five (5) years related experience, preferably within the MGA or property and casualty insurance industry;
- Client / Portfolio management experience, preferably within the MGA or property and casualty insurance industry;
- Strong analytical and decision-making capabilities;
- Demonstrated sales success in both new and existing business; with proven experience meeting and exceeding sales and revenue goals;
- Advanced negotiation skills;
- Experience managing complex digital advertising campaigns;
- Former marketingexperience combines with the capability to support the drive to digital; including self-service, social media, digitalmarketingcampaigns, web and mobile usability, design and content;
- Very strong business management (business plans, marketing plans, metrics) capabilities;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written;
- Client focused and proven relationship building skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimumsupervision;
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.
- Post-Secondary degree or a combination of education and equivalent years of industry experience;
- General Insurance Level One (1) License or Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO) License preferred; or a willingness to obtain within twelve (12) months;
- Commitment to ongoing learning and professional development including insurance courses and certifications.