National Business Development Manager
This is a great opportunity to join a successful wholesale company which has provides products such as (office supplies, indirect material, facility supplies, MRO) and services (cost savings, inventory reduction) to their customers on a national scale.
Our client is a National organization and industry leader. Due to the ongoing growth of the business they are seeking to attract a National Business Development Manager to provide the following:
- In the role as a National Business Development Manager this individual will be responsible for driving new opportunities for selected national account customer’s facilities/Corporate Offices/HQ within the surrounding markets. This position requires a person that knows how to open doors and perform at a high level. Industry focus includes (Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Utilities, Pulp and Paper, automotive, oil gas, Food, mining, etc).
- This person is responsible for Identifying, pursuing, signing & transitioning large manufacturing customers by proactive prospecting, modeling internal analytics in support of driving maximum profitability, developing compelling value based proposals, presentations & other customer facing content to communicate value, building broad prospect relationship networks (including senior level) within customers with revenue potential of $5M+ incremental per year.
- The person in this role will begin developing new opportunities and is not involved with the implementation of the new agreement (100% Closer/hunter).
- Grow National Accounts customer base regionally
- Presenting information to C-Level Executives
- Makes contact with the appropriate management levels and decision makers within the potential client organization to propose and secure new national account agreements.
- Develops a program to provide the necessary solutions through the establishment of strategic business relationships and identification of key areas to be addressed which lead to the establishment of new national account agreements/contracts.
- Negotiates long-term contracts that preserve the critical areas of our base contract, ensures maximum revenue and profit from new agreements to include terms and conditions that will benefit the company
Knowledge of National Account sales and prospecting techniques is required. Excellent sales, negotiation, relationship building and communication skills and techniques are required at multi-site national/regional organizations. Expert knowledge of the strategic account planning process is required.