Destination Maternity is looking for a proven National Business Development Manager to fill a key role on the Strategic Partnerships team.
The Strategic Partnerships team serves as an internal marketing agency that helps external brands reach Destination Maternity’s audience of expecting and new moms. We work directly with some of the best consumer product brands in the baby category such as formula, diapers, photo and other baby goods and services. Our marketing product mix includes digital, print, in store, and native advertising.
The National Business Development Manager will be responsible for national new business development with focus on creating direct relationships with brands and their advertising/media buying agencies. The Manager will identify the best prospects and pitch to decision makers such as VPs, Directors of Marketing, and/or Brand Managers. Successful candidates will have an interest in marketing and understand the power of integrated marketing plans.
The National Business Development Manager will represent Destination Maternity Strategic Marketing Partnerships to a rich base of prospective partners in the baby and new mom category and have the opportunity to pursue non-endemic relationships. The candidate will relish the chance to be a visible representative for the world’s #1 maternity fashion company to potential advertisers.
- Acquire and grow new strategic partnerships
- Build relationships with key decision makers
- Aggressively hunt, identify and close new business
- Meet/exceed sales targets
- Reach potential partners through e-mail & cold calling
- Coordinate sales efforts with team members and other cross-functional departments
- Demonstrate how Destination Maternity can help partners achieve their marketing objectives
- Adjust sales materials by studying each prospects’ brand and marketing
- Travel to prospective partner meetings and industry conferences/shows (less than 10% of time)
- 3+ years of successful sales experience ideally in digital or traditional media
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Self-starter with a natural enthusiasm & confidence
- High degree of personal accountability and attention to detail
- Proficiency or interest in marketing
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office software