National Accounts Team Manager
Summary: The National Accounts Team Manager will be responsible for directing the NAM (National Account Manager) team to ensure that they deliver ultimate profitable sales growth. The National Account Team Manager oversees the National Account Manager’s daily sales activity, meets with major clients, draws up salesreports, and designs new and more effective sales strategies.
· Leads team of National Account Managers in all phases of National account program. Responsible to hire, train and develop future NAM’s.
· Establishes clear and concise development programs for all associates to help them obtain their professional goals.
· Responsible for team sales and contribution margin growth as budgeted annually. Proactively anticipates business changes and implements additional incremental growth programs as needed to surpass annual budgets for sales and contribution margin growth. Team portfolio range from $150 million to $350 million dollars.
· Drives all corporate strategic initiatives for sales and contribution margin growth. Targets and aligns internal resources with targeted growth industry segments and customers.
· Establish executive and director level relationships in top team accounts with potential over $5 million dollars annually.
· Monitors customer satisfaction levels on a monthly basis for anticipated changes in customer business requirements.
· Prepares and delivers high level financial based sales presentations.
· Renews customer agreements without RFP whenever possible. Negotiates and renew enterprise National account contracts.
· Holds team accountable for maintaining consistent call pattern or cadence across large site and HQ locations.
· Proactively maintains working relationship with field leadership team to align resources needed to meet customer needs. Specifically communicates resources needed to drive high compliant contracts.
· Effectively balance the organizations best interest in terms and conditions against customer requirements. Prepare detailed financial models documenting customer performance over the life of an agreement. Communicate financial performance expectations and shortfalls across leadership teams. Takes initiative to renegotiate agreements with underperforming customers.
· Represents national accounts in e-business cross-functional initiatives.
· Establishes and maintains a working relationship with key internal Department such as Marketing, Product, and Accounting department associates to keep abreast of current and new products/services.
· Provides management with all requiredsales and expense reports.
· Develops a departmental budget and ensures adherence to budget.
· Supports and emphasizes a positive relationship between National Account Managers and field leadership, corporate support liaisons involved with National Agreements
· Work closely with Corporate sales leadership and Human Relations Business Partner to hold associates accountable to meet or surpass performance expectations.
· Provides training and support as needed to position associates for success.
· Documents consistent under performance below job expectations on a regular basis and changes in behavior needed to drive associate success.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred or equivalent experience.
· Five years salesexperience negotiating national account agreements and building financial based proposals preferred or equivalent experience.
· Five years management experience leading national/National account teams or proven experience leading cross functional teams multiple times, while continuously accomplishing team goals. (i.e. Team building skills, leading projects, leadership development program, and mentor/coach others).
· Five years of demonstrating progressive growth in job competences and responsibilities.
· Proven track record of successfully achieving sales targets.