Develop and implement Group Insurance sales strategies for large and/or complex National Account prospects in an assigned territory, or specific geographic areas. Target product lines include Life, Accident, Disability, Absence Management, Accidental Injury, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity.
Primary focus on new business opportunities. Also, partner with National Account Executives on existing business product line expansion, cross-sell opportunities or key account retention opportunities.
Develop and enhance key consultant relationships in assigned territory to maximize close ratios on new business prospects.
- Meet or exceed assigned annual business plan sales targets, in aggregate and by product line (where applicable), as measured by new sales revenue.
- Partner with Underwriting to ensure sales achieved at acceptable Economic Value Add (EVA) levels to ensure enterprise & segment earnings goals achieved.
- Develop specific sales strategies, as appropriate, to maximize penetration on any voluntary product lines.
- Potentially manage small National Account book of business in a National Account Executive capacity, based on the needs of the team and client requirements (based on a hybrid sales/NAE model).
- Effectively manage internal matrix partner relationships and the sales process to ensure proposal responses and finalist meetings are of highest quality & appropriately demonstrate Cigna's aligned value proposition for every new business opportunity.
- Oversee Account & Implementation teams, when necessary, to ensure all new sales implemented in an accurate & timely manner.
- Maintain strong working relationships with all National Account consultants in assigned territories. Includes ensuring effective delivery of Cigna sales story / value proposition & understanding by appropriate Consulting house personnel. Host "road show" & consulting house events, as deemed appropriate.
- Foster strong working relationships with Regional Segment colleagues within shared territories.
- Keep current on Cigna Healthcare value proposition to more effectively position integrated sales opportunities.
- Ensure sales activity tracking databases (salesforce.com and Bullseye) updated in a timely manner to ensure accurate management reporting.
- Manage sales expenses within annual operating expense budget provided.
- Actively participate in any National Segment training events and any Cigna mandatory training courses.
- Support and lead a culture in which Cigna employees behave ethically and in compliance with applicable laws when conducting business.
- Proficient knowledge (minimum 5 years experience) of Group Insurance business; to include many or all of the following: relevant sales experience, industry & product knowledge, Underwriting risk and financial analysis skills, understanding of competitor landscape, established producer contacts, sales process best practices.
- 4 year college degree required or equivalency
- Successful track record and/or possesses clear aptitude as leader, salesperson and negotiator.
- Excellent presentation skills: verbal and written communication skills
- Strong persuasion skills and effective communicator; possesses excellent relationship building skills
- Demonstrated planning / organizational skills; ability to plan for both the long and short term; ability to work on many issues at once and to prioritize work
- Customer focus - ability to meet customer expectations and act with a sense of urgency
- Possesses or ability to obtain necessary Group Life Health Sales licenses
- Travel required – minimum 50%