The National Account Manager is responsible for directing all activities relating to sales for specified national accounts. This responsibility entails managing a portfolio of accounts and products, forecasting, promotional planning and business development for the North American Home and Personal Care division.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop sales strategies, programs and plans for existing and potential National accounts.
- Develop annual quota, profit plan and sales action plan and monitor actual results vs. plan throughout the year, making adjustments when appropriate. Conduct business reviews of accounts and present them as appropriate to management.
- Develop/manage account-specific promotional plan, coordinating with finance, trade marketing, marketing and sales management to align with brand strategies and advertising plans as appropriate. Recommend opportunities for increased penetration, based on knowledge of customers and territory.
- Responsible for prospecting and creating new business development opportunities to new accounts.
- Establish appropriate account contacts and maintain an effective and appropriate call program. Handle inquiries, complaints and service programs working through appropriate team functions and acting as a liaison with promotions, special programs, new products and other relevant activities to customers and to brokers.
- Lead customer meetings and trade conferences as appropriate.
- Coordinate activities of National Accounts with field sales team in other regions and with sales upper management. Maintain current knowledge of market conditions and trends, through own field sales research and sharing of information with sales force.
- Responsible for forecasting and overall coordination with retail brokers.
- Utilize insight selling skills to develop and present programs that focus on not only Remington and Home Appliances growth, but overall retailer growth.
- Effectively collaborates with others to reach mutually agreeable outcomes and to resolve potential conflicts
- Uses high level of technical aptitude to take product concepts and translate to featured benefits among portfolio of accounts.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide variety of creativity and latitude is expected.
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Sales or related field required.
- 7+ years of direct sales/field experience.
- Direct selling experience in consumer retail required.
- Specific knowledge and relationships of how to sell to/penetrate.
- Understands business operations as well as basic corporate accounting, finance, management principles
- Strong communication both verbal and non-verbal as well as negotiating skills.
- Effective time management, detail and accuracy.
- Goal-oriented individual who can focus on obtaining objectives.
- High level of integrity.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.