Summary and Essential Duties
Summary: The National Accounts Manager is responsible for the development and execution of sales strategies and plans for the Shamrock Farms portfolio in the eastern United States including small format: convenience channel. This includes development of new customers and management/penetration of existing customers.
- Lead the sale of Shamrock products with your defined set of customers in the convenience channel for the DSD/Direct business.
- Deliver significant volume growth, while maintaining continued growth in profitability
- Priority on Shamrock products and new innovations
- Develop business relationships with customers to include brokers, distributors, and key end user accounts to ensure execution of plan and feedback from the field
- Maintain regular contacts with key customers significantly improving Shamrock’s relationship
- Ensure that programs are executed in a timely, high quality and value-added way
- Identify and prioritize key sales opportunities at major retailers
- Drive distribution, shelving, merchandising, and pricing that align with the organizations strategies to achieve assigned AOP goals.
- Develop, direct, and manage strategic selling plan for the Shamrock Farms brand and sub-brands to drive national expansion efforts
- Work cohesively with Directors/Senior Directors to establish sales forecasts and manages to align with objectives
- Develop annual sales and expense budgets for territory and manage the approved budgets
- Ensure execution of annual sales plans, including identification of key customer targets that are aligned with the strategic marketing plan and meets overall divisional goals
- Develop annual trade plans for new and existing key accounts to drive objectives. This includes the sales of new product lines/sku’s, product expansion, promotional plan development, category management, and trade show management
- Provide overall management and leadership of key accounts in the territory
- Lead all territory-related retail driven proposals
- Provide pricing recommendations for accounts in territory
- Develop sales presentations in conjunction with the ‘Trade and Category Management’ and ‘Marketing’ departments when appropriate
- Provides periodic reporting and analysis as needed
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university and five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet software skills are required
- 2+ years Leadership experience
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.