The National Account Manager – Lowe’s reports to the Director, Retail Sales (Lowe’s) and is responsible for driving sales volume and profit growth across James Hardie’s Interiors (HardieBacker tile underlayment) and Exterior siding product lines with Lowe’s. This role will be expected to develop strategic partnerships, long-range growth plans, and then support and influence key customer decision makers to achieve annual growth and new item introduction targets. This role provides an opportunity to partner with a cross-functional team within James Hardie to implement an improved retail account execution game plan. This role will help take our level of partnership and customer integration to the next level.
As a member of the James Hardie Interiors business unit this role will be responsible for:
- Maintain and build trusted partnerships with key strategic accounts (Lowe’s) to retain and grow our sales volume and category share. Lead point of contact for category and department level merchants at Lowe’s.
- Development and implementation of marketing, promotional, or pricing strategies and programs to drive growth at Lowe’s.
- Directly recruit for and manage one strategic account manager responsible for driving alignment and execution of key initiatives with regional and district level customer management.
- Lead and coordinate the development of jointly developed strategic business plans that deliver mutual and sustainable growth that is consistent with James Hardie’s long-term growth strategy
- Negotiation and implementation of national agreements including annual rebates, pricing programs and increases, and co-marketing investments.
- Coordinate and support entire Lowe’s supply chain (merchant, marketing, inventory mgmt, purchasing, sr mgmt., etc.) to ensure JH initiatives and product launches are executed
- Assist with planning and lead implementation of in-store point of purchase initiatives and updates. Provide “voice of customer” during development phase and then be accountable for in-store execution.
- Assist with sales and category analysis to drive insights. Lead the presentation of insights and recommended strategy changes to customer merchants and senior leaders.
- Contribute to monthly and annual business forecasting as well as longer range planning for Lowe’s business.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The incumbent in this role must quickly develop a broad base of key industry contacts, develop an excellent understanding of JHBP segment strategies, products, goals and strategic objectives. Additionally, this role requires high emotional intelligence coupled with a strong abstract reasoning ability in order to effectively manage partnerships for mutual benefit of the customer and the company to ensure internal strategic objectives are met and exceeded.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with large retailer execution; experience working with Lowe’s strongly preferred.
- Proven work experience with strategic or key account management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong customer partnerships
- Strong negotiation skills with a bias for problem solving
- Ability to address customer requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to navigate and influence multiple levels of customer within our customers’ organizations
- Holds oneself with high level of integrity and nurtures trust from others
- Ability to deliver strategic thinking and lead successful market implementation of revised strategies
- Strong business acumen, with particular focus on marketing / promotional programs and financial impacts of sales programs with both James Hardie and the customer.
- Bias for self-structure.
- Strong project management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience
- Minimum of 3 years of sales / business development experience with large retail accounts
- Previous experience in people and strategic account management at a national level is preferred
- Experience utilizing CRM tools