National Accounts Manager- Government Accounts(
: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
National Account Manager, Government Accounts
This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity with Paratek Pharmaceuticals.
An exciting and rare opportunity to join their first product commercialization; a chance to help shape the future of an organization!
We are looking for resourceful, collaborative, passionate and purposeful professionals who want to be part of a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment, where transformational patient solutions are developed!
Summary of Position:
The Government National Account Manager shapes and influences coverage decisions made by diverse stakeholders across the government sector. This role is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and ensuring access for Paratek products at the VISN level as well as within the Veteran Affairs Medical Center's (VAMC's), Military Treatment Facilities (MTF's), Indian Health Service Hospitals, and Federal Bureau of Prison Medical Treatment Facilities. This position requires building reliable long-term relationships to include awareness, trial, and utilization growth of Paratek brands within these accounts by utilizing proven account management skills. This position plays a critical role in organizing and directing pull-through activities in collaboration with Medical Science Directors, Regional Sales Business Managers, and Company Leadership to accomplish key corporate goals. The Government National Account Manager ensures that the needs of, and opportunities in, assigned accounts are communicated to Market Access leadership and other internal stakeholders so that they can be integrated into strategic planning and forecasting as appropriate.
- Develop and grow business partnerships within the designated government payer accounts
- Leverage a deep understanding of each customer's business processes and environment and actively engage them with the intention of gaining unrestricted formulary access to achieve performance goals
- Secure appropriate prior authorization criteria and reauthorization criteria; ability to negotiate and implement a strong understanding of financial implications and clearly articulate value proposition of the company's products
- Utilize Active Account Planning to execute on Business Plans for each assigned Account. Development of the Account Business plans requires an intimate knowledge of the customer and market influences affecting their business.
- Monitor progress in accounts and modify and update action plans as appropriate (monitor customer contacts, plan execution, value, volume growth, and market share)
- Develop a strong alliance with field-based colleagues to ensure the appropriate level of cross-functional support for customers. Develop and execute pull-through strategies for government healthcare treatment facilities.
- Collaborate cross functionally with colleagues to stay ahead of legislative changes that may impact the business, allowing for proactive intervention to positively impact access and profitability of marketed products
- Work closely with sales colleagues to enhance understanding of access issues in government treatment facilities such as VA Medical Centers (VAMCs), Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs) and Indian Health Services (IHS), and Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Identify Key Opinion Leaders (KOL's) and influencers who may serve as access advocates when appropriate in assigned government accounts
- Track and analyze contracted product performance such as TPRs/NC's/BPA's/etc. and communicate account performance broadly with key stakeholders in Market Access, Legal, Commercial Operations and Finance
- Educate sales colleagues on all Government Account related changes that may impact shared objectives; including proposed/passed policies and legislation, as well as any local/regional/national marketplace changes
- Conduct quarterly business reviews, which include an overview of Paratek product sales and data analytics on utilization and data reporting accuracy, with each assigned health plan
- Identify and allocate appropriate resources; track results over time, and adjust priorities and resources as customers and markets change during the performance period
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years' market access sales experience required with at least 2 years' experience securing product access with Government payers accounts (VA, DoD, IHS, BoP)
- Experience in the antibiotic or infectious diseases marketplace preferred
- Ability to work independently and make decisions but with the knowledge of the situations where supervisory input is essential
- Working knowledge of managed customer segments with expertise and developed relationships with key stakeholders in government accounts
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent planning and organizational skills to work within date sensitive deadlines
- Strong understanding of healthcare regulatory and enforcement environments along with demonstrated integrity on the job
- Valid drivers' license with record in good-standing required
- Technology needs: Microsoft Office, Veeva (preferred)
- Travel requirements (50-60%): The average travel for this position is > 60% with some variation based upon the time of year and demands of the business imperatives. The travel requirements will vary based on the geography and account responsibilities for this position.