Responsible for the maintenance and growth of national non-commercial accounts. Works with marketing, business and trade to develop sales programs. Introduces and places new products with customers, executes organizational initiatives and develops programs to drive sales of key items with strategic customers for long-term growth. Manages and develops broker partnerships and retail or foodservice execution for key customers.
- Makes sales calls in relation to national non-commercial accounts to promote growth of current accounts.
Establish Business with Existing Accounts
- Maintains established business with existing accounts for continued growth.
Product Management and Research and Development Efforts
- Keeps informed of product management and research and development efforts in order to increase sales and satisfy customer requests for new items.
Communication with Managers and Brokers and Customer Service
- Establishes and maintains open communication with Regional Managers and Brokers on all customer activities.
- Works with corporate to ensure quick resolution of any customer service issues.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 plus years of experience in retail or foodservice meat trade; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Existing customer contacts with large National non-commercial accounts, preferred.
- Must understand the dynamics of the food business and how the account is positioned in the retail or foodservice channel.
- Must have a solid understanding of customer focused and fact based selling.
- Understanding of product cuttings – comfort and knowledge of product attributes, preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience, preferred.
- Ability to influence others not directly under his or her authority.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office including, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP, preferred.
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.