Sun Life Financial is a leading provider of group insurance benefits in the U.S., helping people protect what they love about their lives. More than just a name, Sun Life symbolizes our brand promise of making life brighter -for our customers, partners, and communities. Join our talented, diverse workforce and launch a rewarding career.
The National Accounts Absence Implementation Manager is responsible for the Client implementation for large and highly complex accounts. The selected candidate will help facilitate the development of an absence implementation role and all related processes. This position requires a results oriented professional who can drive deliverables through to completion amidst competing priorities and demands. Strong communication skills and the ability drive a project while adhering to timelines and deadlines is critical to this role. Positions in this function are responsible for the installation process from point of sale to contract/bill delivery. This role will have extensive interaction with external clients, brokers/consultants and external vendors on a daily basis.
- Manage and own the entire implementation process for Absence Management and provide an exceptional client service experience during on-boarding
- Drive projects related to absence management and implementation
- Participate in finalist presentations
- Act as the client’s primary contact throughout the absence implementation phase
- Proactively identify service and technology requirements unique to the individual client
- Facilitate discussions with appropriate internal subject matter experts as needed
- Updateinternal systems as needed
- Assess individual case characteristics, consult with Underwriting, Legal, Compliance and Claims on non-standard requests
Competencies and Requirements:
- 5+ years experience in the implementation of complex integrated absence management services, including familiarity with job protection laws, paid leaves, employer leave policies.
- Working knowledge of the full life cycle of client data exchange, including eligibility, history, takeover and status transactions
- Solid decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, professional business relationships with internal and external clients
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Communication/negotiation skills and influencing the client are critical competencies
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- 30% travelrequired