The National Account Manager (NAM) is responsible for developing, executing and fostering a collaborative business partnership between Newell Brands and assigned customers that delivers volumes, share and profit objectives for the Company.
This role will build, manage and execute Joint Business Plans with the customer and gain internal alignment from cross functional partners. Set and achieve stretch core distribution targets and ISV objectives of Newell Brands products to align with the customers go to market strategy. Execute consumer and shopper driven strategies that enable Newell Brands to achieve best in class results.
Utilize leading edge data, information systems, and metrics around financial, brand, and shopper trends to maximize market share, sales, and profits through price optimization for Newell Brands and our customers.
Build customer relationships at multiple levels and facilitate connectivity in other functional areas including Marketing, Supply Chain, Communications and Operations. Deliver results while maintaining the highest level of integrity.
- Deliver sales and profitability targets.
- Build customer relationships at the buyer and Divisional Merchandising Manager (DMM) levels and facilitates connectivity in other functional areas.
- Executes consumer and shopper driven strategies for their customers
- Use data, information systems, and metrics around financial, brand, and shopper trends to maximize market share, sales, and profits.
- Lead process for managing trade spend/customer programs in collaboration with trade and finance through management of internal TPM system
- Lead the Business Segment on the needs of the Customer.
- Develop and execute Customer & Category Strategic Development and annual operating plan.
- Negotiates and manages trade funds to create customer and company value by consistently measuring and enforcing trade terms and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Works with demand planning to develop accurate sales forecasts and achieve specified levels of forecast accuracy Monitors the competitors' brands and products as well as our market share, competitor market share, and target market share to understand shopper trends and opportunities and communicating to appropriate sales, trade and brand management
- Collaborates with trade marketing to provide and explain market data to the customer
- Works with trade to implement methods that assist our customers in effectively and creatively winning with consumers, shoppers, end-users, and purchasers through promotions, packaging and merchandising.
- Leverages our brands and product mix to improve profitability and meet customer, shopper, and Newell Brands targets
- Bachelors/University degree in Business Administration (strongly preferred)
- 7+ years sales and/or tradeexperience
- Selling experience within consumer products, preferably across multiple brands
- Experience managing and / or influencing others
- Experience with a minimum $50M book of business
- Background in dealing with selling “the bag” of multiple brands across many categories
- Solid analytical skills and acute attention to details
- Strong project management skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and exceptional drive for results
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to lead cross functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to present data in an organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously