Requisition ID: 11701
TE Connectivity's Account Management Teams are responsible for selling TE's products, systems or services, providing detailed technical product information and maintaining relationships with customers in assigned geographic territory, industry or accounts.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Reporting to the Regional V.P., Commercial, the incumbent is expected to be sales driven and responsible for the following (but not limited to):
- Deliver sales results in the territory
- Have a good understanding of focus therapies including Structural Heart, Electrophysiology and Interventional Cardiology and our component products e.g Balloons, Braid, Hypotubes etc.
- Driving sales from Finished Products, Components, Component Sub-Assemblies, Prototyping and Design services
- Use world class best in practice sales management and reporting tools?
- Display total command of business for your accounts/territory
- Ability to engage and influence VP level and above in key accounts
Desired Skills and Requirements:
Direct sales, project management, relationship building, research, opportunity generation and coordination of internal resources are all aspects to the job. It is expected the amount of time and focus on each will vary from month to month depending on the circumstance and account priorities.
To be most effective in the role the following skills are what is considered to be the highest requirements.
- Motivation to work on your own initiative – Identifying and winning new business in a competitive environment will take time and multiple approaches to overcome the inevitable road blocks
- General Knowledge of customer products and disease states – As we look to move further away from specification to business or product solutions it becomes increasingly important to understand our customer’s problems. At higher management levels this can most often be linked back directly to market opportunities, disease states and product performance.
- Good business acumen- The medical device environment is changing quickly (increased FDA involvement, reduced health care budgets and increased cost of business development).
- Manage existing business relationships with a keen focus on cost and profitability
- Willingness to travel nationally approximately 30-40% of time for Face to face meetings and group presentations.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Proven ability to coordinate and influence exceptional customer service delivery be developing and maintaining strong intercompany relationships.
- Education must consist of a BA or BS in the areas of Engineering or Business
- Demonstrated experience in multi-level, major US account based sales processes.
- Proven track record of driving sales and exceeding revenue targets.
- Experience in Medical device sales business to business
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a business development role supporting engineer design services, OEM manufacturing or other manufacturing component services in the medical device space preferred
- Selling minimally invasive medical technologies / products including coronary, endovascular catheter related products is a distinct advantage.
- Established network of customer contacts within large medical OEM’s is beneficial
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation