This role is responsible for working with Grainger, our largest Industrial customer. The candidate will work directly with Grainger's leadership, their Field Sellers and Grainger's largest customer's Nationwide. The ideal candidate will take full ownership of the Sales Cycle which includes building, maintaining and developing relationships, listing presentations, execution, forecasting POS review and promotional planning. The candidate will be expected to continuously review/understand the competitive landscape in order to assist with our strategic planning and overall account management. Lastly, the candidate will be responsible for new item recommendations and presentations, POS/Scorecard Analysis, and Promotional Planning and taking ownership of the annual Operating Plan (OP) building process and own/manage various budgets etc.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Marketing or related fields
- 8+ years' experience in Sales or Marketing focused in the Construction and Industrial channels
- Prior Sales management and key account experience
- Excellent platform skills; feel comfortable presenting and speaking in front of large audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications; Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook;
- Strong ability to be flexible and adapt to change in business practices, market changes, etc
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, verbal and written communication, organization, and multitasking skills.
- Proven leader and team player with solid track record of success – ability to drive sales growth
- Demonstrated time management skills, ability to set priorities is required
- Valid Driver's License & clean driving record
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally at multiple levels within the business unit (e.g., Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, etc)
- Willingness to travel (60%)
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong strategic relationships with key personnel within assigned accounts. Regular planning and communication required
- National customer travel required; occasional domestic travel to attend internal business meetings also required
- Meet and Exceed POS Sales Goals
- Drive conversions and sell-through across Grainger in the assigned territory.
- Help to negotiate annual customer SBA/VBA agreements
- Work with field account managers to gain understanding of regional and local needs
- Support and communicate with field teams on a regular basis to provide support needed to grow in the field.
- Review business with customer on a monthly/quarterly basis to insure growth targets being achieved
Event Marketing and Training
- Provide support to end-users on product training through educational and safety seminars
- Work with SBD Sales and Marketing Teams to create and drive field programs and events to drive sales and educate end users on SBD product lines;
- Support Product Managers to determine appropriate promotion strategy and NPD launch
- Develop National event promos, flyers, based on customers national event schedule
Business Acumen & Partnership
- Partner with the Product NAM Team to coordinate and implement targeted Government / National Account/ Core Sales initiatives
- Coordinate & Execute field support plan within Global Tools & Storage field team
- Work directly with SBD Account Managers team to drive growth and market share gains with assigned accounts
- Effectively manage marketing, promotional and T&E budget
- Report back on all competitive activity within the national account space