National Account Manager - Southwest
Paratek Pharmaceuticals has partnered with PDI for an exciting and rare opportunity to join their first product commercialization; a chance to help shape the future of an organization!
We are looking for resourceful, collaborative, passionate and purposeful professionals who want to be part of a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment, where transformational patient solutions are developed!
The National Account Manager (NAM) position serves as the lead contact with Paratek Pharmaceutical?s strategic national payer customers including Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Medicaid FFS, Medicare PDP?s and other payer types as assigned. The primary responsibilities of the NAM are to achieve targeted payer access with optimal profitability, develop accounts, prepare the market for new products and lead pull-through planning to meet/exceed key objectives for Paratek products. This position plays a critical role in organizing and directing national pull-through activities in collaboration with regional business partners and Sales Leadership to accomplish key corporate goals. The NAM ensures that the needs of, and opportunities in, assigned accounts are communicated to Market Access leadership and otherinternal stakeholders so that they can be integrated into strategic planning and forecasting as appropriate.
This role will be embedded into the Paratek Pharmaceuticals? Account Management team and will receive direction from a Paratek Pharmaceuticals? Senior Director, Account Management; however, the candidate will initially be an employee of PDI with the potential to become a direct hire of Paratek Pharmaceuticals.
- Bachelor?s degreerequired; MBA or PharmD preferred
- A minimum of 5years? market access salesexperiencerequired with at least 2years?experience securing product access with National payers
- Experience in the antibiotic or infectious diseases marketplace preferred
- Ability to work independently and make decisions but with the knowledge of the situations where supervisory input is essential
- Working knowledge of managed customer segments (private and government)
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent planning and organizational skills to work within date sensitive deadlines
- Strong understanding of healthcare regulatory and enforcement environments along with demonstrated integrity on the job
- Valid drivers? license with record in good-standing required
- Develop and grow business partnerships within the designated National and strategic regional payer accounts in the defined geography
- Leverage a deep understanding of each customer?s business processes and environment and actively engage them with the intention of gaining unrestricted formulary access to achieve performance goals
- Secure appropriate prior authorization criteria and reauthorization criteria; ability to negotiate and implement a strong understanding of financial implications and clearly articulate value proposition of the company?s products
- Utilize Active Account Planning to execute on Business Plans for each assigned Account. Development of the Account Business plans requires an intimate knowledge of the customer and market influences affecting their business.
- Monitor progress in accounts and modify and update action plans as appropriate (monitor customer contacts, plan execution, value, volume growth, and market share)
- Develop a strong alliance with field-based colleagues to ensure the appropriate level of cross-functional support for customers within a defined geography and for developing and executing pull-through strategies.
- Collaborate cross functionally with colleagues to stay ahead of legislative changes that may impact the business, allowing for proactive intervention to positively impact access and profitability of marketed products
- Work closely with sales colleagues to enhance understanding of access issues and to identify Key Opinion Leaders(KOL?s) who may serve as access advocates when appropriate
- Tracks and analyzes contracted product performance and communicates account performance broadly with key stakeholders in Market Access, Legal, Commercial Operations and Finance
- Educate sales colleagues on all Market Access related changes that may impact shared objectives; including proposed/passed national and regional legislation, as well as any local/regional/national marketplace changes (mergers, affiliations, etc.).
- Conducts quarterly business reviews, which include an overview of Paratek product sales and data analytics on utilization and data reporting accuracy, with each assigned health plan
- Identifies and allocates appropriate resources; tracks results over time, and adjusts priorities and resources as customers and markets change during the performance period
- Travel (%): The average travel for this position is 40-50% with some variation based upon the time of year and demands of the business imperatives. The travel requirements will vary based on the geography and account responsibilities for this position.
To learn more about Paratek Pharmaceuticals, please click on the following link:
If you have a proven record of success and the desire to have a positive impact in the healthcare field, we want to hear from you. For immediate consideration, pleaseapply online at .
PDI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.