The National Account Manager position represents the Sales Channel Management (SCM) function and HS to national clients (such as SHO). This position represents the client and their sales support/needs into the HS SCM group. This position isresponsible for the development of business strategies to support the HS business objectives in the client's environment including integration into the client's normal business rhythms, understanding of client operating & sales model,utilization of multiple forms of communication, theacceleration of learning, and creation of a truepartnership environment between the organizations. This position isresponsible for thefinancial performance of the HSportfolio with in the clientdistribution system. Financialresponsibilities include: annual sales of $140M. Additionalresponsibilities include sales performance of all HS service offerings within the client. The National Account Manager leads SCM efforts to build and maintain relationships with large, multi-location clients. This position isresponsible for developing and executing a business plan to achieve HSfinancialtargets for the client, including: gaining senior level support for the stated business objectives, gaining appropriate support within the various operating groups, and communication/coordination with SCM field team. This position works to support the HS account lead in relationship building, field insights, competitive assessments, and serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on program elements. This position supports the establishment of an effective selling culture by serving as a bi-directional SME. This position works closely with SCM field Team on coordinating field assists to transfer sales proficiency & business acumen to field leaders in identified markets.
- Develops and manages client sales plan, proactively leads a strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, targets and milestones to increase profitable revenue, while attaining customer service objectives
- Delivers Home Services Revenue grow (Plan or greater) by supporting the entire Home Service Product Portfolio, including: Account management; teaching the current selling model; sharing best practices; exercising the talent system; and supporting retail Region/District in execution of Home Services offerings.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned Client's accounts. Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates Clients needs on an ongoing basis
- Provides coaching and feedback on performance of District Account Managers related to client culture and terminology
- Teaches, motivates, and communicates with team regarding client specific sales techniques, processes, and creative contact management in order to create an effective sales culture through partnership and influence
- Works cross functionally between client, account support team, SCM and HS to enhance the client relationship, grow the business, and secure long term contract.
- Conducts monthly (MBR) business review to share performance data with clients, identify growth/performance opportunities, and develop actions plans to address those opportunities
- Assesses client and District Account Manager team learning needs and creates a plan to address identified needs.
- Works with Business Partners to grow Home Service Solution sales. Monitors and develops plans to improve selling efficiency
- Establishes contacts and relationships within the client to increase revenue growth. Focuses on client execution in the field
- Performs analytics around the business, and makes decisions to positively impact Earnings before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization (EBITDA)
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external business partners, including Contract Sales, Member Services Org, Home Services, Supply Chain, Sears Holdings Corporation Stores Region teams, and Third Party clients
Education Experience: Bachelor's Level Degree
Years of Related Experience: 5-10 Years
License/Certificate Required: No
Driver's License Required: No
Travel Requirements: 75%
Age Requirement: 18+
- 3+ years account management experience, responsible for driving sales/revenue
- Effective Influencing/Negotiating skills
- Strong leadership, team-building skills and collaborative relationship skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with company leaders, line associates, supervisors, and management either one-on-one or in small and large group settings
- Ability to teach, coach, and train a diverse team of associates in selling, customer service, and other business matters
- Ability to empower decision-making, while creating an atmosphere of teamwork
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Effective problem resolution skills
- Knowledge of financial statements and plans
- Knowledge of Third Party negotiations and Third Party licensing
- Results- Driven/Bias for Action/Sense of Urgency
- Ability to be open to change, and to effectively implement change quickly
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting to deliver high performance results
- Effective sales and time management skills
- Ability to improve performance through an understanding of sales motivators, including compensation and creative recognition.
Req/Job ID: 914100BR