Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
11 - 15 years
Posted 26 days ago
Position Summary Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The National Account Manager (West), reports to Director, National Accounts. This role is responsible for developing key relationships with leading targeted national, regional, local, and strategic healthcare payers and channel decision-makers. This position will maintain account development and management to attain key objectives for the Regeneron product portfolio. The position will be responsible for implementing short- and long-term business initiatives to ensure appropriate coverage, coding, payment within the specific managed market segments.
Key responsibilities are:
• Assess product positioning within each targeted payer and channel customer. When appropriate, take action to move payer decisions in a direction that continues to open access to patient care.
• Assess product positioning and develop strategic plans for channel customers who may include commercial payers, PBMs, IHNs/IDNs, IPAs, ACOs and other account targets as defined by Market Access leadership.
• Cross-functional collaboration with Market Access counterparts (RBMs and Directors), field team partners (RDs/MSs and Director Strategic Accounts) and internal corporate partners to ensure appropriate market coverage and support.
• In concert with Director, develop short and long term business planning that addresses overall divisional, corporate and brand initiatives and goals. Work with Director to assess process and track progress.
• Assess competitive market landscape and opportunities for improved or expanded market penetration and adoption.
• Manage expenses within assigned budgetary allocations to ensure operational margin goals are achieved.
• Focus on a vertical integration plan within all targeted accounts, which includes payer Medical/Pharmacy and Purchasing Directors (clinical and administrative), case managers, and other medical management team members. In addition, efforts should include working with regional affiliates in executing pull-through strategies from corporate partners.
• Work closely with Managed Markets stakeholders to assist in segment support, which includes pricing/contract management & development, Managed Markets strategic imperatives implementation, brand initiative planning and strategy pull-through, RBM and trade team collaboration for segment support, while ensuring optimal pull through effectiveness for all patient support and access programs.
• Reporting of progress in key accounts through call reporting management and scorecard tracking.
• Monitor, track and improve key performance indicators as identified by scorecard metrics.
• Work harmoniously with Commercial teams to assure adherence to all compliance guidelines.
• Effective contract negotiation that allows provider and patient access to the Regeneron product portfolio.
• Effectively implement and manage all programs as directed by Market Access leadership, including providing input to Managed Markets Marketing to assist in the development of segment marketing programs and tools.
• Provide frequent market segment updates to Commercial leadership and functional area partners. Map important provider and payer trends, and current Managed Markets landscape, competitive intelligence, and positioning, to the overall strategic initiative and pull-through outcomes of the Managed Markets Access Team.
• Subject matter expert to support all functional area partners. Collaborate closely with other stakeholders within Regeneron Commercial team to ensure consistent exchange of important payer information and field messaging.
• Implement strategies and tactics to support appropriate product placement and reimbursement (coverage, coding, payment and patient access) across Managed Markets and payer customers.
• Create clear messages for dissemination to RBMs and Sales partners on important payer trends, reimbursement changes, and billing requirements that will affect product utilization.
• Represent the Managed Markets organization at identified national payer organizations and other industry associations or entities.
• Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree from an accredited college or university
• 10+ years of "progressive" industry/relevant professional experience; 3+ years calling on national payers
• Managed Markets national account experience calling on national plans or large regional entities
• Experience negotiating managed markets contracts/agreements with visionary planning and pull-through success
• Demonstrated knowledge of payer decision-making for policy, coverage, coding and patient access to existing and new products.
• Demonstrated knowledge of assigned payer reimbursement process with focus on buy-and-bill, self-injectables, and specialty products.
• Exceptional communication skills that include verbal, written and presentation abilities.
• Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities.
• Demonstrated leadership, planning and organizational skills.
• Effective consultative and networking capabilities with key targets.
• Ability to skillfully negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external customers, while working within an ever-changing payer, managed markets and corporate environment.
• Critical skill set to successfully collaborate with account teams through collaboration with other members across all commercial business and field groups to improve overall strategic planning and pull-effectiveness.
Requisition Number: 16418BR