The National Account Manager will manage all activities related to sales and relationship with Wal-Mart, in Bentonville, AR. This responsibility entails managing a portfolio of accounts and products, forecasting, promotional planning and business development for the North American Rayovac, Personal Care and Home Appliances division.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop sales strategies, programs and plans for existing and potential new business with Wal-Mart. Develop annual quota, profit plan and sales action plan and monitor actual results vs. plan throughout the year, making adjustments when appropriate. Conduct business reviews of accounts and present them as appropriate to management.
- Develop/manage account-specific promotional plan, coordinating with finance, trademarketing, marketing and sales management to align with brand strategies and advertising plans as appropriate. Recommend opportunities for increased penetration, based on knowledge of customers and territory.
- Establish appropriate account contacts and maintain an effective and appropriate call program. Handle inquiries, complaints and service programs working through appropriate functions and acting as liaison with promotions, special programs, new products and other relevant activities to customers and to brokers.
- Attend customer meetings and trade conferences as appropriate.
- Must meet volume growth/market penetration objectives (i.e. MBO’s).
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required.
- Specific knowledge and relationships of how to sell to/penetrate, typically gained through 5 to 7 years direct sales/field experience.
- Direct selling experience with Big Box Retailrequired.
- Accountable for sales volume compared to quota, profit compared to budget.
- Acquire new business and develop business in existing Spectrum Brands accounts at corporate level.
- Strong analytical skills to allow for fact based selling.
- Strong communication both verbal and non-verbal as well as negotiating skills.
- Organization and prioritization skills.
- Must be proficient in Retail Link.
- Effective time management, detail and accuracy.
- Goal-oriented individual who can focus on obtaining objectives.
- Ability to think strategically and make sound business decisions.
- High level of integrity.
- High level of technical aptitude.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.