**********This is a remote position**********
General Summary: We are looking for an experienced Sr. National Account Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for selling a wide variety of our products to key distribution partners located across the US. This is a key position responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with these distribution partners who wholesale our products to dealers, integrators, and installers across the US. In addition, you will influence, direct and support our regional managers, national account channel managers and business development managers assisting in their activities to increase your distribution partner sales.
As a Sr. National Account Manager, you will work independently, be organized and able to proactively grow and manage your business. The candidate will need to be data driven and able to analyze the business though performance metrics and data analysis. In addition, solid interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and foster win-win relationships with customers is required.
The candidate should be able to effectively communicate with our internal, distribution sales, management and supporting NSC departments to build relationships and achieve business goals by coordinating all facets (sales, marketing, inventory, programs etc.) of the relationship between Nortek Security & Control and their assigned accounts. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of wholesale distribution management selling though wholesaler channel partners and supporting dealer acquisition and growth. Previous experience in access control, security, audio, power management and video industries preferred. A functional understanding of dealer sales and operations would also be beneficial.
- Responsible for driving revenue plan and attaining sales goals at assigned accounts
- Key point of customer contact for all Nortek Security & Control product sales and marketing efforts.
- Act as customer advocate voicing issues and opportunities to appropriate channels inside the NSC organization
- Assist in the development and design of strategic marketing programs in conjunction with Channel Marketing that drive profitable sales to assigned partners.
- Primary contact or all strategic decisions within assigned accounts.
- Develop functional understand of NSC’s data and reporting tools
- Provide sales forecasts, ad hoc sales updates and reports as requested
- Primary resource for market feedback on customers, competitors, and all other field related activities
- Develop and execute a written sales and marketing strategy and plan in cooperation with Management Team
- Deliver quarterly partner business reviews to assign accounts
- Develop and direct distribution development activities and coordinate sales initiatives
- Keep current on Nortek Security & Control and competitive product, and marketing, strategies as well as industry news and market trends
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from distribution partners, dealers, public and Nortek Security & Control Corporate office
- Maintain records and provide activity updates along with other tasks as required
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all members of the customer touch teams in a matrix environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines including monthly sales reports, weekly expense reporting and CRM tools
- Demonstrate time management skills
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Business products
- Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems
- Ability to lead, motivate, coach, and teach others
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and sales multipliers from company price sheets
- Work from home office with extensive (~50-60%) travel
- Close proximity to airport
- High personal and professional integrity
- Demonstrate sound business judgment
- Strong attention to detail & follow up
- Able to work independently
- Tenacious, results driven
- Team player
- Accountable for actions taken and direction given
- Professional demeanor and attitude
Education/Background Requirements –
- Four year college degree
- 7+ years high volume distribution sales experience
- Access control, security, audio, power management product sales experience highly desirable
- Dealer, installer, integrator experience helpful
- Microsoft Office computer proficiency
- Valid driver’s license
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check required
Physical Requirements: Essential functions of this job require the following minimal physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is typically performed within a general office environment, with adequate lighting and temperature control
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Computers and typical office equipment are provided.
- There may be occasional business travel to other corporate facilities, technology partners and customer sites.
Disclaimer: The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to decide the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Job incumbents are expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the position, department, or the business.