Summary of Major Responsibilities
The field-based National Account Manager (NAM) is responsible for identifying, developing, negotiating, and implementing long term strategic business plans and contracts with our targeted National Hospital Systems. National accounts will include health systems and ACOs, that have impact across the nation.
The NAM will develop and manage relationships with the executive-level decision makers for key Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) systems to add Exact Sciences products to their menu as a send out test. Within the assigned accounts the NAM will be the primary point of contact for the customers, Corporate Office and senior leadership, the National Account Manager will demonstrate a deep understanding and business knowledge of the targeted customers, as well as the evolving dynamics of healthcare and the institutional environment’s impact on their decision-making.
The NAM will proactively seek innovative ways to better align Exact Sciences objectives with customers’ objectives, appropriately ensuring Exact Sciences business goals are met.
The NAM will partner cross-functionally within the internal organization (IT, project management/implementation, billing, operations, etc.) to develop and execute pull through plans and serve as the customer-facing leader for assigned national accounts. The position reports directly to the Associate Director, National Account Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The NAM should be able to develop and maintain trusted relationships with all key Health System decision makers in order to achieve favorable protocol adoption, and/or open access of hospital products.
- Accountable for achievement of Exact Science goals and initiatives through assigned national account’s and other alternate channels developed through client agreements within assigned region.
- Accurately forecast sales volumes for assigned accounts based on pull through programs and market forces.
- Develop metrics for monitoring product utilization, market share and other key performance metrics within assigned accounts.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Responsible for the development and execution of business plans at the corporate level and perform routine business reviews with National Accounts, as well as internal Exact Sciences stakeholders, to ensure acceptance of products, performance, and maximization opportunities.
- Coordinate the business planning efforts of all internal stakeholders touching the National Health System by developing strategies and tactics and ensuring successful execution. Plans will establish financial and strategic objectives by product, including key tactical elements, budgets and critical success factors.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities within national hospital systems.
- KOL Development in coordination with Medical Affairs.
- Complete monthly to quarterly business reviews with targeted accounts.
- Lead team with pipeline development, proposals and account management including SAMs, AMs, and MAMs.
- Partner cross- functionally with external and internal organizations (IT, project management/implementation, billing, operations, field sales, internal sales, etc.) to lead and execute pull through plans and serve as the customer-facing leader for assigned accounts.
- Represent the customer voice to internal stakeholders including clinical, legal, sales, finance, marketing, laboratory and operations.
- Maintain accurate and complete account profiles, call notes and histories.
- Identify and utilize company resources to provide the technical, clinical and business expertise to deliver solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), both domestically and internationally, on occasion.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to travel approximately 50-60% of working time within region and at requested times, outside of incumbent’s region to provide national support.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in leading a team to successfully navigating access and selling to C-Suite, Medical, Quality, Pharmacy, Purchasing, Laboratories within health systems, hospitals, and/or government accounts.
- 8+ years of sales and/or marketing experience in the healthcare space, such as the diagnostic, surgical or pharmaceutical verticals, demonstrating progressively increasing responsibilities or scope, including leadership.
- 3+ years of experience selling to health systems/hospitals/academic institutions, including C-Suite.
- Strong peer leadership skills and a high level of personal maturity.
- Deep understanding of national accounts, hospital market, including a strong knowledge of hospital and integrated system structure, decision-making processes and the evolving healthcare environments.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, and effective key account management.
- Must be self-directed; acting as a change agent and as such have results orientation, with an ability to work independently and make decisions in a dynamic environment dealing with internal and external challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage time and multiple projects across an array of customer types.
- Must have high learning agility and cross functional leadership experience.
- Effective presentation skills; able to present ideas and evidence-based scientific and economic data to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact.
- Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license revocation or suspension issues.
- Maintenance of sufficient driver’s insurance to satisfy any applicable state or local requirements and at least $250,000 per person and $500,000 per accident in coverage.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience in leading and managing people.
- Experience in business development with a proven track record of success.
- Experience in contracting and negotiations, and able to manage the contracting process.
- Experience in the laboratory industry and/or gastroenterology and molecular diagnostics.
- Experience developing strategies within alternate channels including payers.
- MBA or Master’s degree.