McWane is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
The National Account Manager leads McWane Ductile’s efforts to build and maintain revenue/profit producing relationships with large, multi-location ‘national’ contractors. Assigned to 20-25 target accounts, the NAM is responsible for achieving sales goals and strategic account objectives. The NAM focuses on the headquarters and key buying locations of assigned accounts, while coordinating closely with field sales as appropriate to geography. The NAM reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned accounts.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including outside sales, inside sales, operations, and management, in order to meet account performance objectives and customer expectations.
- Meet sales volume and strategic objective goals.
- Proactively identify changes in the market and competitive pressures to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and reporting.
- Manage to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Partner with the VP of Sales & Marketing and General Sales Managers in the development of key customer relationships.
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions with the assistance of the Credit Department.
- Maintain competitive and market knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
- Attend customer events, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of demonstrable success selling to large/national contractors.
- Proven ability to achieve sales plans.
- Proven business analysis skills and judgment with the ability to proactively manage to goals.
- Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
- Solid understanding of the water and wastewater markets.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of customer management.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Preferably would live either near a major hub airport or central US.
- Ability to travel as required, estimated to be 70% or more.