The National Account Manager is the lead sales person responsible for a set number of area accounts as defined by the sales manager and or area management. This position also acts in a hunter role in the development of new A & B level accounts with the primary business relationships in a designated area.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Completion of a National Account Program document for all named accounts managed under the program.
- Responsible to know the decision and organizational layer of the customers and marries them with KN Management.
- Drives the RFQ response for assigned Strategic Customer(s), either as the lead, or ensures regional support is assigned to drive offered business opportunity.
- Responsible as the primary lead for the management of strategic customers business plan jointly developed with KN industry vertical champions.
- Acts as the single point for the selling of all KN services and solutions across all KN SAL business fields.
- Conduct mutually agreed upon, between customer and KN, customer Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Reports in agreed intervals the development of the market, working, and buying platforms to regional management.
- Maintains close communication with customer and KN’s operations to assure uniform understanding of customer expectations relative to operational solutions, timeline, costs and results.
- Directs operational issues to the correct operational owner.
- Manages critical documents/tools such as the Customer Account Plan, Action Register, Integration Plan, Performance Management (reporting) and other related tools/documents for assigned Strategic Customer(s).
- Gross Profit Expectations (GPE’s) will be based upon targets
- For each proposed target, an account plan is to be filed with the sales manager.
- Utilization of KN CRM on an ongoing and timely basis
– Meet Data Quality requirements and KPI’s for global visibility
- Creative ability in developing sales strategies and solutions and in presenting innovative solutions to customers
- Rate quotations, Logistics planning, Operational Optimization
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Requires a minimum of 5-6 years of freight forwarding sales experience
- Experience with Logistics processes, systems and solutions
- Seasoned listening skills
- Good analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Able to speak persuasively in positive or negative situations. Self-disciplined, strong leadership and motivational abilities
- Be a results-oriented team player
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications